IGNORED

PAINT CODE

greengary

My 1999 R1100RT has a 999 paint code. However, this number does not come up for a paint color. Need a spray can for new mirror. The bike is the dark green color.Thanks

22 hours ago, greengary said:

My 1999 R1100RT has a 999 paint code. However, this number does not come up for a paint color. Need a spray can for new mirror. The bike is the dark green color.Thanks

Morning greengary

Try Colorrite (link below)

https://www.colorrite.com/department/bmw-motorcycle-paint-10016.cfm

Also, a number of auto paint supply shops have computer matching available (they take a computer picture of one of your existing panels then mix up a matching color (one of my local paint shops can also put that into a spray can), not cheap but usually matches fairly close.  

You might also check with your local BMW dealer, they usually have local painter they work with for paint repairs. It won't be cheap but by the time you buy the paint & related prep materials it might actually be cheaper on something like a mirror housing.

I have a friend that damaged a mirror on an older BMW & didn't want to spend a lot of money repairing so he just sprayed both side mirrors a semi-flat black (so they looked the same).