IGNORED

bulbs

flyingfrogs19

flyingfrogs19

wbw6cos

Sent me this link front the general thread.  Thanks again.  I am new to this bike '98 R1200C  and am loving it.   Just got it on the rode again.  Got the major stuff done at my local shop here in Garland, TX (Dallas, TX)  Five Star Cycles if you ever need help look them up.  Thanks again Toni and Alex.  Anyway  touch up stuff now.  I need to get a white light plate bulb.  Do I need the OEM one for  $26 or can I get one that fits from AutoZone, etc.?  I will try this on my own before ordering, but sort of introducing myself here. Can't wait to learn more about this bike and this killer engine.  Seems pingy is that normal?  13,800 miles on it only.  One owner I am the second.  He said that was normal.  Just learning this thing is all.  I thought ping/knock  was not a good thing.  Holler when you can.  Thanks Y'all

As far as the bulb is concerned, you can purchase a replacement at any autoparts stores.   Just make sure you get one to match the protruding tabs; bring the old one in to confirm.

Click THIS LINK for a thread on bulb references.

For what it is worth, I tried an LED bulb but it did not fit; not enough room.  This was a few years ago, so there may be a solution on the market now; I just do not know.   The tag bulb is the only bulb left I have on my C that is not LED.   :ohboy:

Oh, and about the motor:  keep the RPM's up!   The higher the better.   If you do not have a tach fitted, then the sound will be a LOT higher than what you are accustomed to.   LINKY