IGNORED

Side stand and center stand paint info needed

Lone_RT_rider

Lone_RT_rider

I know there have to be some people who have touched up their stands with paint.  I did a search and couldn't find any info on this. I'm looking for rattle can info on what to touch up the paint on these stands.  I appreciate the help in advance.  :) 

Shawn

Shawn, I used some black semi gloss all in one Rustolium I had in the hazmat locker (not really a hazmat locker more like a chemical hazard locker!). Hit it with a brown scotch bright pad, de-greaser and went at it.  

• Like 1
Lone_RT_rider
39 minutes ago, MikeB60 said:

Hit it with a brown scotch bright pad, de-greaser and went at it.  

Any specific kind of degreaser? I'm familiar with the stuff you buy at Autozone.  Same basic stuff?

I would highly recommend 620-1415 Seymour MRO Industrial High-Solids Spray Paint, Gloss Black. This stuff is tough and looks great. I have done a few crash bars with the stuff.

With the sand blasting, wet and dry, that the sidestand and centerstand must endure (continuously), what about a "bed liner" type coating like Rhino Shield, only in a rattle can??

image.thumb.png.3df89f16cdb01d15a776791465a5b864.png

• 2 weeks later...
Lone_RT_rider
On 6/26/2023 at 11:19 AM, MikeB60 said:

Yep it's in with the spray paint 

It turned out pretty good. It's a bit humid lately so I had a bit of a paint reaction that almost made it look like a cast piece or even a crinkle coat. It's good enough for me. :) 

20230707_123002.jpg

• Like 2