IGNORED

Leaving things disconnected

Hadabadachada

Hadabadachada

So I was thinking about unplugging the wires going into the exhaust flap motor to disconnect that so that way it’s open all the time. 

Will this work? As in leaving the flap open? It’ll probably throw a code maybe. 
mid rather not buy a pipe to put in its place. And even if I did, that would still leave the plug disconnected.

what do you folks do to remove the flapper?

while I was thinking about this it reminded me of the connection from the charcoal canister that a hose connects to. I still have the unit that the hose connected to, that has a wire coming from it connected. Let me take a pic.

is it fine to just leave it like this? It’s been left like that, but I don’t know what exactly it’s linked to and what it does to have an effect electric connection coming from it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

12 hours ago, Hadabadachada said:

So I was thinking about unplugging the wires going into the exhaust flap motor to disconnect that so that way it’s open all the time. 

Will this work? As in leaving the flap open? It’ll probably throw a code maybe. 
mid rather not buy a pipe to put in its place. And even if I did, that would still leave the plug disconnected.

what do you folks do to remove the flapper?

while I was thinking about this it reminded me of the connection from the charcoal canister that a hose connects to. I still have the unit that the hose connected to, that has a wire coming from it connected. Let me take a pic.

is it fine to just leave it like this? It’s been left like that, but I don’t know what exactly it’s linked to and what it does to have an effect electric connection coming from it.

Morning  Hadabadachada

On leaving the purge solenoid hooked up but not connected to the hoses?--  You can leave it hooked up to the wires so the fueling computer still sees it but personally I would recommend that you put a rubber cap on both fittings. The caps are just to keep dirt out so the valve doesn't eventually seize up. 

On your exhaust valve, some just remove the entire servo motor but then wire the valve to stay open, this will usually set a fault code.

Or you can remove the servo motor cables to the valve then wire it open (as long as servo still works that should prevent a stored fault code). 

Or remove the servo motor & cables, then wire the valve open, then use something like a servo buddy to trick the fueling computer into thinking the  servo motor is still there & functioning (this will prevent a stored fault code)

Or you can buy or make a valve removal pipe that removes the entire valve then install a servo buddy as this makes the cleanest removal. Some have ground the valve & shaft out then plugged the shaft holes. 

If you are going to deactivate the valve function you might as well remove the servo motor to remove the weight & future problems, in that case probably install a Servo Buddy & be done with it.

You might start by just removing the cables then wiring the valve open to see how (if) you like the exhaust noise difference.  Or unplug the servo motor with the valve open then ride it to see if you like it that way before doing anything permanently. 

• Thanks 1
Hadabadachada

Ahhhh, yes, servo buddy. I knew there had to be something needed.

sounds like I’ll just leave it as is for now, save it for another time lol

thank you for the info on the options that I’d have, when the time comes.

I’ll try and find some kinda caps for this solenoid 

53 minutes ago, Hadabadachada said:

I’ll try and find some kinda caps for this solenoid 

Morning  Hadabadachada

You can just use a couple of 1" pieces of hose with tight fitting screws in the open end to plug it. Or use a longer piece of hose & loop it between the exposed fittings. (anything to seal  the fittings from dirt entry)

• Thanks 1