IGNORED

Dash Cam for Motorcycles?

gmcjetpilot

gmcjetpilot

So both my 4 wheel vehicles have dash cams (front and back views).   Most of the time there is nothing I need to see except a few times, mostly to see really bad driving for laughs or to confirm what ***** driving I saw. The Cams have all the function, WiFi, MicroSD, record hours than overwrite. 

Is there a good permeant "Dash Cam" for bikes. I suppose I could adapt a car dash cam? 

I know looking at YouTube many motorcycle channels use Go-Pros....  often on helmet.  I have resisted buying a GoPro... however I know they are rugged, portable and high quality.  You can get mounts and move it to other locations to document your adventures. All cool. However as I said I am thinking a DASH CAM for motorcycle (adapting a car dash cam with forward/rear facing cameras might be the trick.

What do you think?

I run an old GoPro 4 up forward on the lower part of the windshield and is powered full time by a separate small battery pack.  I could power it from the right side charging case but then the navigation phone would eventually die.

No need to open the GoPro case and the battery pack lasts a good two weeks in normal riding and two full days (12+hours) when out on the road for long distance stuff.

I'm still amazed that the old GoPro has survived all these years.

And it has saved me from getting at least two tickets by viewing the video.

AD

i-sTD969M-M.jpg

"Had" an Innov K2 on the wife's RT.  It died within 6 months.  They replaced with an updated model.  That one has now died out of warranty. 

I have the VIOFO M1 on my bike.  It works better than the K2 did.  More along the lines of the updates applied to the K3.  But I checked my dash cam about a month ago after an incident I wanted to post on YouTube.  My dashcam was only recording sporadically.  I took the better SD card from the wife's dead dashcam and put it into mine.  I haven't had time to check if it's doing better, or if my dashcam is crap.  But my mine is now out of warranty as well.

The wife's will get yanked out and tossed at next full service when I have the plastics off.  If mine is dead, same will happen.  No more replacements for me.  2 dead, not wasting any more money.