IGNORED

Great little flashlight

Joe Frickin' Friday

Joe Frickin' Friday

With space at a premium on a motorcycle, it's smart to buy compact gear.  I found a great flashlight this spring, and figured I'd spread the word:

https://www.amazon.com/KunHe-Magnetic-Flashlights-Rechargeable-Flashlight/dp/B09NLMQ24D

What's good about it?  Well, it's compact but bright.  Four brightness settings, the brightest being 500 lumens.  That's brighter than the Maglite Tac-Lite I've been using for years (while also being smaller).  It also charges via USB-C.  I already carry a USB charger and USB-C cable for my phone, so I'm all set.  I'm guessing you also carry a USB charger; if you don't use USB-C for charging your phone, well, this one comes with a short USB-C cable.  An indicator light tells you when it's fully charged.

Probably the best feature is all the ways you can position it for use:

• It's got a built-in carabiner so you can hang it from a belt/jacket loop, or any handy cable/loop on your bike or other object.
  • There's a magnet on the back, so you can stick it to any ferrous object, like a frame bar.
  • There's a four-position kickstand on the backside so you can prop it up on pretty much any surface that it doesn't slide off of.
  • There's a 1/4-20 female thread on the bottom, so you can attach it to a standard C-mount camera tripod (I carry an Ultrapod, which also has a removal phone gripper for selfies)

If you're in the market for a flashlight, you'll want to check this one out.

• Like 2

Dang it Mitch....I am flashlight junkie so naturally I just ordered them.  You put me on to Nightcore about 10 years ago.  It is still my favorite light.  I can't believe how bright it is.  

• Plus 1 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
55 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

You put me on to Nightcore about 10 years ago.  It is still my favorite light.  I can't believe how bright it is.  

I googled nightcore and got this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightcore

I'm guessing you mean something else?

• 2 months later...
On 6/12/2023 at 8:36 AM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

With space at a premium on a motorcycle, it's smart to buy compact gear.  I found a great flashlight this spring, and figured I'd spread the word:

https://www.amazon.com/KunHe-Magnetic-Flashlights-Rechargeable-Flashlight/dp/B09NLMQ24D

What's good about it?  Well, it's compact but bright.  Four brightness settings, the brightest being 500 lumens.  That's brighter than the Maglite Tac-Lite I've been using for years (while also being smaller).  It also charges via USB-C.  I already carry a USB charger and USB-C cable for my phone, so I'm all set.  I'm guessing you also carry a USB charger; if you don't use USB-C for charging your phone, well, this one comes with a short USB-C cable.  An indicator light tells you when it's fully charged.

Probably the best feature is all the ways you can position it for use:

• It's got a built-in carabiner so you can hang it from a belt/jacket loop, or any handy cable/loop on your bike or other object.
  • There's a magnet on the back, so you can stick it to any ferrous object, like a frame bar.
  • There's a four-position kickstand on the backside so you can prop it up on pretty much any surface that it doesn't slide off of.
  • There's a 1/4-20 female thread on the bottom, so you can attach it to a standard C-mount camera tripod (I carry an Ultrapod, which also has a removal phone gripper for selfies)

If you're in the market for a flashlight, you'll want to check this one out.

...and finally, it'll open a beer.

• Haha 1