IGNORED

2021 + Prototype windshield test dummy

realshelby

I have been working on a new design windshield for Wethead/Shifthead RT's. Something that allows a LOT more air onto the riders shoulders and torso area. I am running one now on my 2014. Probably going to be marketed as a "Cool Ride". 

I need a test subject to fit one onto their 2021+ RT. 

I prefer someone that has already run a current version Quiet Ride on their RT.

I need someone in the South where temps are already high.

They must be willing and able to take some good pics of this mounted. They will likely go onto the WERKS website. I will also ask that you send me some feedback on how it works for you.

This screen is a 26" tall version, so needs to be someone that fits well into that size. 

Windshield will be yours to keep. No charge. 

Please e-mail me at    terry@werksparts.com  

I will post asap that I have a candidate to lock thread down. 

Well, probably not. But we are pretty close here and most ( I hope) realize that is tongue in cheek! 

But I do need a test dummy candidate with a 2021+ RT that a 26" tall screen would work for.  Hot enough most places to be able to test it well enough too. 

This is a prototype screen designed to direct air onto the riders torso, arms, and shoulder. NOT a Quiet Ride competitor. But a choice for those wanting more air onto them. This flows more air onto the torso than the stock screen. 

• Like 1

Still no volunteers. Let me attach a couple pics of the 2014-2020 version on my RT. The later version is almost identical in appearance, but is a clear version. Might entice someone with a 2021+. 

DSCF1687.JPG

DSCF1693.JPG

• Like 1

Hey Terry,

I live in Arizona, have a '23 RT, use a Quiet-ride now, which is great but gets warm, and not the sharpest tool in the shed. Would be interested.

Steve

• Like 1

Why not wait to close it, until volunteer can comment on his findings? Just saying:D. But yes, a new thread could be open for that.

Terry - 

If that person doesn't work out, let me know - I'm a quality assurance / tester by trade so I'm all about helping test new products. Plus I do have a 23 RT and I've been "fighting" to find a good windshield. 

Jim

Motor32 should have the screen by now. 

"Good windshield" can mean many different things. 

This is NOT a competitor to the Quiet Ride series.

This new "sport" or Cool Ride version allows a LOT more air onto the rider.

There IS a price to be paid for that. Simple physics demands more airflow means more noise and turbulence. 

The trick has been finding what is the best compromise of all that. 

I think I have found that!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, realshelby said:

Motor32 should have the screen by now. 

"Good windshield" can mean many different things. 

This is NOT a competitor to the Quiet Ride series.

This new "sport" or Cool Ride version allows a LOT more air onto the rider.

There IS a price to be paid for that. Simple physics demands more airflow means more noise and turbulence. 

The trick has been finding what is the best compromise of all that. 

I think I have found that!

I received it yesterday and should be able to give it a good try tomorrow, just in time for our first 110 in a few days.

Steve