IGNORED

Wind noise with my new 2016 RT.

Scottgei

I moved up from a 2013 to a 2016 a few days ago.   Love the 2016.  It is so much smoother and I'm enjoying the new cockpit, but disappointed with the buffeting next to my ears.   I didn't have that on the 2013  Also, the air seems to be coming in around my sunglasses causing my eyes to water.  I do need to point out my eyes easily water but usually when its cold.  It is 78 degrees on today's ride.   I was going to swap windshields with my 2013 but of course they don't mount the same.  Any suggestions?  

Thanks,

Scott

+1 on Werks.  I switched the '20 from the stock windshield to one of theirs, and the difference is remarkable.  Very happy!

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback.  I checked out the Werks, along with some others, followed your advice and have the 24" on the way.  At 5' 7" I thought the 26" would be to tall.  Looking forward to a quieter ride!

• Like 2
On 6/6/2023 at 5:36 AM, Scottgei said:

Thanks for the feedback.  I checked out the Werks, along with some others, followed your advice and have the 24" on the way.  At 5' 7" I thought the 26" would be to tall.  Looking forward to a quieter ride!

Good on you. Let us know how it works for you. 👍

After reading lots of positive comments on the Werks shield, I bought one for my 2015 RT about a month ago (I'm 6' 2" and got the 26" shield). I must say, I was a little skeptical that it would be as good as everyone said it would it be. After a multi day ride over 1200 miles I can report that it works as advertised! Not sure how or why it works so well but it is a fantastic shield. No regrets for me.

• Like 1

Coincidentally, my 26" Werks delivers this afternoon (2017 RT.)

Terry recommended the 26" for my 6'2" as well.

I am looking forward to controlling the buffeting as I like to ride 3/4 helmets in the summer (NC)

Dave

• Like 1

As most have noted, the WERKS performs as advertised. About 2" wider at the windshields "shoulders", and the shoulders are about 2" higher than the OEM shield.

I ride with my line of sight about 3" over the top edge of this one. With the 3/4 helmet, barely a puff of air on my face (with the FF you wouldn't even notice that.)

But the "quiet" is the special part IMO - a much less hectic atmosphere.  I got mine in the 15% tinted, in gray.

BMW WERKS .jpg

• Like 2
MichiganBob

I liked Cee Bailey in the past but for my 2018, they were not making windshields for bikes anymore. Went with the WERKS and I'm very satisfied with the quality and protection.  I don't care for the wind in my thinning hair and WERKS takes care of that.

• Like 1

Yep, have a couple  Cee Bailey’s for my ‘99 Oilhead, the euro cut for summer and what I call the barn door for riding below 40F ( don’t do that anymore).   When I bought my ‘15 Waterhead, Cee Bailey had already quit the M/C market :(   Talked with Terry at werks and tried his product and bought one which was close to the stock size as I’m just a tad under ‘6 and not long in the torso.  Werks as advertised for wind management and build quality is every bit as good as Cee Bailey.  Good lack of optical distortion if you have to ride with the shield full up for a wicked rain or big bug storm. Bigger calm pocket than stock too.  I’ve never put the stock shield on after installing the Quiet Ride. 

• Like 3

I tried the PUIG touring and it is BIG and too tall for me. Hot to ride behind in summer. My Werks medium is perfect for me, call and heed the advice as far as size. The shield does wonders on helmet buffeting but I can actuall feel a little more wind on my shoulders/torso. I put the stock screen on and rode 160 miles last week around alot of trucks and will never make that mistake again. The wake of 18 wheelers would always slam the visor or face shield shut with the stock screen and has never happened with the Werks even when it is lowered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After installing the WERKS, my only issue now is sorting out all the engine's mechanical sounds that I can hear now. :)

It's a much quieter cabin.

Point of interest though: Drop either arm for a stretch and the wind definitely comes up your torso on that side, making me think of how the stock shield performs.

Not a bad thing, but noticeable.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I’m back.  Sorry it took so long but visiting grand kids can put a damper on riding.  I’m happy to say your advice was right on.  Much better.  No more watering eyes and just an all-around quieter ride.   I do notice maybe a little more buffeting behind my head but the buffeting next to my ear and eyes are gone!  I also noticed I don’t have to raise this shield very much to get that sweet spot.  Feels weird.  I feel like I’m sitting on a booster seat because the windshield is so low.  I’ll get use to that.  Looking forward to the next ride.    Thanks again!

• Plus 1 1