IGNORED

Bottom dropped out of used bike market, or....

Twisties

is it just me?

Last year, when I bought my KTM 350 EXC-F you couldn't get one.  I managed to snag one within a few minutes of when it was posted and gave the asking price.  When we met to complete the sale, the seller said he had nine desperate offers to as much as $1000 over asking price.  But, he honored our firm deal. 

Today I sold it.  A single inquiry in three weeks, but it panned out.  Paid $8k, sold a year later for $7.5k.  Can't complain, but it did take some time.

Our 2007 RT's are listed, too.  They've been up three to four weeks now and zero inquiries.  I'm priced way below any others on CycleTrader, but we have miles, cosmetic issues and minor mechanical issues.  Still.  Hmmmppppfff.   I guess it's time for another price drop.  

Anyway, I'm curious.  Have you tried to buy or sell in the last month or so, and if so did you get/pay what you expected?

Etienne Lau

I think it's no difference to Cars and it's supply chain issue. Can't get something new? Then get something used. Mind you that does not necessarily apply to all models? Such as your 2007? As someone who bought their 2010 R1200RT used back in 2016, and knowing what I know today about the differences between the 2010 vs 2007, I would grab the 2010-2013 vs the 2007.

I just bought my '20 RT.  Premium Sport, 11.8K miles @ less than $16K  - I thought it was a good deal.  But my '06 RT with ~78K only fetched $2500...

• Like 1

Used car market is the same...very soft. I think most folks are holding on to their cash 'till after the economy comes back.

I have a sweet 2011 MBZ E350 that is now our extra car....two lookers but they both low balled me so bad I found it hard to believe they were serious.:dontknow: