IGNORED

2009 R1200RT front heated seat plug

The Rocketman

The Rocketman

How do I remove this plug? Gotta make some wiring repairs. Won’t slide up or down and not sure how to spread out the clip it slides into. This is the end that's mounted on the frame. You can see a similar unused clip above the plug. Thanks!

BCED4302-CEE9-4C6C-BEB3-80E9C2A2D3B0.jpeg

• The Rocketman changed the title to 2009 R1200RT front heated seat plug

Did you try pressing the tab (red arrow)?   Not sure if it is similar to my '19 RT, but it seems like it is.  If it is, then you push in with thumb and wiggle it loose (at the tip of the pen.)   It may be stuck though.  Yours looks a little weathered.  Just sayin'

20230531_175819.thumb.jpg.e9400a006eb4072fb3968afafed61adc.jpg

BCED4302-CEE9-4C6C-BEB3-80E9C2A2D3B0.thumb.jpeg.8d09c16ea18e5c12d580e11653dce534.jpg.2b91533a8b0ed0175bdce0bf361a6e87.jpg

20230531_175759.jpg

The Rocketman

I’ll check it out tomorrow when I’m back in front of the bike. The connector at the seat itself looks like yours and that’s already been disconnected. Can’t easily see the frame plug to see if there’s a release tab on it. Might have to remove some plastics (uggggh) to get to it.

• Like 1
The Rocketman

Got it all sorted. Front heated seat harness was removed, repaired and re-installed today. There is a release pin that once released allows the socket to slide "down" the clip  mount, but the release pin is on the bottom so I couldn't see it. I removed one of the front seat rear mounts so my fingers would fit in there, one zip tie, the bracket that holds both the front and rear heated seat harness clips, and just one screw on top of some of the plastics which gave me enough room to remove the mounting bracket so I could flip it over and see how things got released. Not a bad job once you know where things are and how they work.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.JPG

• Like 1

Did you twist it slightly to release it?   It looks like it could be done that way.

Good to know.   It appears to be clipped to the bottom of my seat with the same mount as yours is to the frame.  Interesting.

The Rocketman

I tried twisting it with no success. The barbed end of that pin had to be pried to one side. Releasing the harness from the seat was easy. Different type of retainer.

• Like 1