IGNORED

Kickstand Side Stand Pad Enlargement Accessory

gmcjetpilot

gmcjetpilot

Kickstand Side Stand Pad Enlargement Accessory

I can't find one for the1150RT (or found one at x4 the cost).   Is the R1250GS (and other BMW models) kickstand pad add on compatible? They are nice quality and cheap. Will they fit? 

I measured the kickstand pad at widest part width 36.5 mm and overall length 66.5 mm (Approx).  1.43" x 2.62" 

Not only for more support on soft ground but also make bike lean over less on side stand. It can't be too thick of a pad as to make bike stand up too upright.

I have a plastic pad I can throw on the ground and slide under side stand once parked. It is made for the R1150RT. I put a string on it and a clip for other end of string (bright orange), so once I mount and seated I can retrieve the pad. 

• Plus 1 1
King Herald

I cut a piece of 2mm plate around 1/2" bigger all round than the stock stand foot, and tack welded it in place. It doesn't foul anything on the bike in the 'up' position.

CB50D5C3-74DA-4D62-B721-AA2F08564A0C.thumb.jpeg.2d3040eaca0628d3a46b7d12e53fd865.jpeg

Did this mod a couple years ago.  Used a 2" PVC drain pipe cover held on with 3 stainless screws with stainless captive nuts.  Used a drill bit two sizes over screw head diameter to provide a tapered seat so the screw head itself is flush with the contact surface of ABS pipe cap.   Cost about $12 at Tru Value hardware.  Put same mod on my FJR.

CIMG1122.thumb.JPG.35e0a7c3b0339ed0fa33f8d4054eadcf.JPG

• Like 1