IGNORED

Marty Hill Where Are you

Skywagon

We haven't seen Marty in a while.  Marty....where are you?  Many of us lived vicariously through your riding adventures.  Hope all is well with you.  Tell us how your are doing and what you are up to.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 3

While we’re searching for old friends, how about Kathy R? (Paperbutt) I think it was. She was a big part of the group and one day without notice, gone forever. Hope she’s doing alright. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 3
On 5/29/2023 at 6:06 AM, TEWKS said:

While we’re searching for old friends, how about Kathy R? (Paperbutt) I think it was. She was a big part of the group and one day without notice, gone forever. Hope she’s doing alright. :thumbsup:

@Bullett is FB friends with her and says she seems to be doing well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

I just talked to the "Old Fart".  He is alive and kicking at 87.  Seems since covid started he has pretty much grounded himself. Drives his Boxter around some to keep the battery up.  He has not started his bike for several years. He says that if he can remember his password, he will try to get on the board and make a post.  I also asked if he still had all his hair. He says he has not had a haircut in 3 years and it is down to his shoulders. I replied send me a pic and I will post it and make you famous.  :5210:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
szurszewski
19 hours ago, KTM Doug said:

I just talked to the "Old Fart".  He is alive and kicking at 87.  Seems since covid started he has pretty much grounded himself. Drives his Boxter around some to keep the battery up.  He has not started his bike for several years. He says that if he can remember his password, he will try to get on the board and make a post.  I also asked if he still had all his hair. He says he has not had a haircut in 3 years and it is down to his shoulders. I replied send me a pic and I will post it and make you famous.  :5210:

Yeah - we need to see that!

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
On 5/29/2023 at 5:06 AM, TEWKS said:

Kathy and Laney were close friends. Kathy visited us about 10 years ago. She hadn't completely recovered from the accident she'd had and won't ride again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 7/8/2023 at 9:23 AM, Dennis Andress said:

She hadn't completely recovered from the accident she'd had and won't ride again. 

Understandable. Riding’s risks vs reward is a very personal thing. 

• 3 months later...
Stephen McElduff

My name is Stephen McElduff, I was part of an Atlanta group (2002-2003) where we used to meet at one guy's shop (He had a supply 

business, forget his name) Anyway, Mart was riding us in N. GA one day when the bunch of us got pulled over by the LEO in the picture on the left. 

The guy on the left was a take-no-prisoners USMC type while the guy on the right was right out of Mayberry or Mt. Pilot. After an hour or so of getting us spoken to and cleared, they allowed me to take a picture, MARTY IS CIRCLED.

I now live in TPA, if anyone remembers going to those meets in guy's garage please get back to me, there used to be 25-30 of us doing everything to bikes.....Was an EXCELLENT DAY since old timers showed us newbies how to do all kinds of things and I'd love to go to another one (I think I will look for some in TPA even though my only vehicle these days is a 12 year old crown vic (Official FL old man car)...

Have not ridden in quite awhile as I do not do the long distance trips anymore and I am just not willing to drive in local traffic,, have had more than a few

friends die from this stuff in last 10 years, local streets way too dangerous for me, plus my 66 year old body says no.

I still vicariously participate coming here and checking out prices for "R Bikes" and plotting routes to Anchorage (maybe some day, off the main roads and away from traffic and crazies....)

ANYWAY, FIGURED YOU'D LIKE MARTY PICTURE.... back in the day we used to say "WWMD", "What would Marty do?"....HILARIOUS MEMORIES

image.thumb.png.04258760c4468ed1c5f8fcde5d0cd4a5.png

Edited by Stephen McElduff
fix mistakes
  • Like 4