IGNORED

Suzuki offers new finance offer on 1000cc nakeds, sports tourers, adventurers

MotoNews

Etienne Lau

As an ex-Suzuki owner, I would not touch their product with a 10-foot pole. Removing dealers from around me and leaving me with 1 that is 40 miles away from where I lived, previously it was 20 miles away? Great idea as it makes sense to someone. Also not supporting their product. Suzuki knows full well they have throttle body issues across several models and yet they refused to support their owners with providing a fix. Basically forcing owners to spend > $400+ and labour cost to replace  throttle body, when it just needed the sensor and/or motor to be replaced. 

Hated Suzuki's plastic panels being attached using push pins, etc....this resulted in losing the pins, pins breaking, panels developing cracks from being pulled and re-attached. The screwed on panels used in BMW are what sold me to buy 2 x BMW's now. 

18 hours ago, Etienne Lau said:

As an ex-Suzuki owner, I would not touch their product with a 10-foot pole. Removing dealers from around me and leaving me with 1 that is 40 miles away from where I lived, previously it was 20 miles away? Great idea as it makes sense to someone. Also not supporting their product. Suzuki knows full well they have throttle body issues across several models and yet they refused to support their owners with providing a fix. Basically forcing owners to spend > $400+ and labour cost to replace  throttle body, when it just needed the sensor and/or motor to be replaced. 

Hated Suzuki's plastic panels being attached using push pins, etc....this resulted in losing the pins, pins breaking, panels developing cracks from being pulled and re-attached. The screwed on panels used in BMW are what sold me to buy 2 x BMW's now. 

Curious as to which Suzuki product(s) you owned that had these problems??

Not being sarcastic, but if a dealership being 40 miles away is an issue, you certainly would not want to own a BMW and live on the coast of N.C

• Plus 1 1
Etienne Lau
1 hour ago, 9Mary7 said:

Curious as to which Suzuki product(s) you owned that had these problems??

Burgman 400 scooter had both the throttle body and plastic panels. But while researching the throttle body issue, I found the issue to be prevalent in the general Suzuki community for other models. And same treatment, no fix. 

I just in May bought a used BMW G310R because it uses screwed on panels vs pins. My used 2010 R1200RT, bought in 2016, is my first introduction to what I consider better build quality.