IGNORED

Loose brake lever and screw

Taifighter

Taifighter

As the title says, I have a very loose brake lever on my 96 r1100r the screw on the end of it is also barely but when I tighten it it grabs on the wheel tighter. What’s the best course of action here

1 hour ago, Taifighter said:

As the title says, I have a very loose brake lever on my 96 r1100r the screw on the end of it is also barely but when I tighten it it grabs on the wheel tighter. What’s the best course of action here

IMG_

Afternoon Taifighter

I can't tell for sure until you take it apart but something is really loose or broken. 

It could be a missing or destroyed lever pivot bushing, or a broken pivot bolt, or a very loose pivot bolt in conjunction with a worn bushing.

In any case you need to address it before the lever falls completely off then you have no front brake.   

Taifighter
3 hours ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon Taifighter

I can't tell for sure until you take it apart but something is really loose or broken. 

It could be a missing or destroyed lever pivot bushing, or a broken pivot bolt, or a very loose pivot bolt in conjunction with a worn bushing.

In any case you need to address it before the lever falls completely off then you have no front brake.   

Thanks for the reply, would a rebuild kit for the master cylinder kit include the lever pivot? And the the bushing are very much gone

12 hours ago, Taifighter said:

Thanks for the reply, would a rebuild kit for the master cylinder kit include the lever pivot? And the the bushing are very much gone

Morning  Taifighter

Probably not, depends on who put the kit together but I seriously doubt it would include those parts. 

The parts are available from BMW.

P/N ___   32722310753   screw__     $36.80   

P/N___    32722310754   bushing__ $8.36

Taifighter
1 hour ago, dirtrider said:

Morning  Taifighter

Probably not, depends on who put the kit together but I seriously doubt it would include those parts. 

The parts are available from BMW.

P/N ___   32722310753   screw__     $36.80   

P/N___    32722310754   bushing__ $8.36

Good morning!

beemerboneyard has a rebuild kit and I’ll just grab those bmw. I should replace the brake lines while I’m at it. Any recommendations?