IGNORED

Top Case?

JPA

I recently bought a 2005 1200 RT that I purchased without a top case.    Am now looking for medium-smaller top case option and am a little hesitant to pull the trigger as some of them come with a universal mounting case that I'm unsure will fit the bike.  I am not paying my first born for the BMW option.   30-35L is all I'm looking for and am curious to know what others have done.   Will a universal mounting plate work?

When I added one to my Camhead,  I used the 28L. BMW one and got it second hand at a fair price......from a member of this Board!

I have never liked the huge stocker and at the price they bring.....:5150:

Keep a watch on the for sale board.:thumbsup: (not my listing)

Edited by 9Mary7
added thread link.
Oldrider51

Maybe look at Shad and Givi for top case options. Would probably have to also purchase a case specific mount. Still less than BMW.

Thanks all.    That search tempest site is awesome.  saves so much time.    Should be able to find something that works.

• 2 weeks later...

With some "plastic surgery", over the winter I built a top box for my 07 R1200RT out of this $40 R1100RT top box. Looks pretty good but was IMG_3240.thumb.jpeg.f2fd340b9ed3a6a322d3d90987401309.jpegIMG_3239.thumb.jpeg.192af2e1703a137ae3fbaf22d0cae42f.jpegmore involved than I expected!

• Like 3

I will say that wedge shape 1200 rack is nothing like the underside of the 1100 box. Lots of cutting and fitting. Plus a healthy helping of bondo and paint! It all started when I got a sweet deal on the 1100 top box...