IGNORED

Longer shifter for sz 12 Boot

mlicker

Hi all,

I'm coming off the GS world, and I had a Hammerhead longer shifter that located the shifter out further to catch the bottom knuckle of my big toe. Does anyone make one for the RT (2009 hexhead)? The oem shifter seems to be in a weird spot for my size 12 hoof. Maybe I've been on dirtbikes too long, but it feels awkward to me in the stock location.

Thanks in advance,

M

7 hours ago, mlicker said:

Hi all,

I'm coming off the GS world, and I had a Hammerhead longer shifter that located the shifter out further to catch the bottom knuckle of my big toe. Does anyone make one for the RT (2009 hexhead)? The oem shifter seems to be in a weird spot for my size 12 hoof. Maybe I've been on dirtbikes too long, but it feels awkward to me in the stock location.

Thanks in advance,

M

Morning mlicker

I have somewhat that same issue with some boots on some motorcycles. I have tried lengthening the shift lever (cut/weld) on a few but always dislike the longer lever movement with a lengthened lever (have to move my foot too far for a quick shift). 

My personal work-around is to use the side of my boot (top of the sole instead of top of boot). Once the side of the boot (top of sole) is used a few times it puts a slight divot in the leather boot just above the top of sole)  & actually works pretty good. 

Plus, using the top of sole means the foot is in a good position to get a quick downshift with very little boot re-position.

If you just can't make that work then moving the foot pegs back a little might be better than extending the shift lever as that leaves the shift lever the same length as stock so the lever movement is not lengthened therefore needing farther movement for each (clean) shift.

• 2 months later...

Size 14 boot.

Two solutions:

1- Using the sole- I ride with Georgia Boots, work boots.  They have a fairly wide sole.  I find size 14 motorcycle boots difficult.

2-  Pivot Pegs.  Love them.... They allow my boot to pivot when shifting,  Really helps.