IGNORED

Wireless Speakers

MichiganBob

MichiganBob

Have a new helmet and shopping for slim wireless helmet speakers. I have Freecom 4 in current helmet But they were pretty thick and hurt ear until I dug a lot of Styrofoam out. I don't talk two others while riding, just music. Any recommendations would be very appreciated. Take good care.

I dunno, I think most here either use Sena or Cardo.  I have the JBL speakers in mine, but since I use the Sena 20s (known sound issues), to me, it's about useless.  I roll with earbuds for now.  When I upgrade the unit, I'll be able to make a determination if the speakers will do what they need to do.

Cardo offers some upgrade JBL speakers that sound marginally better.  They are easy to swap.  But they are larger diameter and somewhat thicker.  I think "slim" and "high fidelity" are an unlikely combination.  I find that newer helmets have deeper speaker pockets and better padding, and also better wind noise management, so that might be your best approach to improved sound from a music player.

Cap

• Like 1

Good morning . My newest Shoei helmet also has recessed pockets for speakers . My wife and I are using th Sena 20 series . I upgraded the speakers easily with the Sena 50 (?) recommneded here .

A considerable improvement . I have very good sound quality ,up until about 65 mph . At that speed the windnoise from the windwshield  overtakes the sound . If I was riding an RT that put me in a bigger pocket of quiet air ,I'm quite sure it would be even better 

These AirPod Pros are something I’m going to look into next. I tried on a set and the world went silent, it was actually very amazing. I don’t know about pairing them to more than one device (gps) & (phone) and I don’t know if you could make a call in your helmet but, these could potentially put a hurt on the helmet communicator business. No talkie between a group of riders I guess, :dontknow: so maybe not much of a hurt. :spittake: 

Here they be.

MichiganBob

Thanks Tewks. I wonder how well they would stay in place putting the helmet on and off and if they would protrude and cause discomfort.  My Etomotics were great and comfortable but not  Bluetooth or noise canceling.

• Like 1

My buddy has them, says they’re very comfortable but…I witnessed him drop one to the ground while pulling off his helmet on two different occasions. I think if I paid the two large for them I’d be very careful. But like I said, they’re really amazing how they canceled out the background noise. To be fair I didn’t ride with them but I suspect they’d be next level cool. :thumbsup:

MichiganBob

Hmmm two large.  With my rapidly aging brain comes an increased tendency to "lose stuff." I would have to hook them up like my mittens in first grade. 

• Haha 2

The AirPods with noise cancellation work very well on the bike.

I was surprised that I could get incoming calls and actually talk.  Didn’t expect that but the person on the other side said it sounded just fine.

I have talked bike to bike with a buddy using a stupid phone call and it also worked but that’s not why I’m using them.

The main reason is that they really do cancel out a lot of noise and I can hear the music now even at interstate speeds. 

See if you can borrow a set to try from a friend.  Make sure the noise cancellation is ON and have at it.

AD

• Like 1