IGNORED

FUEL PUMP WIRING INFO NEEDED

barnett468

barnett468

I have a 1999 bmw r1100s and I want to run power directly to the fuel ump to see if it works but I need to know exactly how to power it up from the 3 wire connector.

My connector has brown, green/white, and blue/white.

I get the following readings when testing the side of the plug that goes to the bike, not the tank

brown ......................... .16v volts with starter button depressed

blue/white ................... 12v with starter button depressed

green white ................. 12v with key on and also 12v with starter button depressed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

11 hours ago, barnett468 said:

I have a 1999 bmw r1100s and I want to run power directly to the fuel ump to see if it works but I need to know exactly how to power it up from the 3 wire connector.

My connector has brown, green/white, and blue/white.

I get the following readings when testing the side of the plug that goes to the bike, not the tank

brown ......................... .16v volts with starter button depressed

blue/white ................... 12v with starter button depressed

green white ................. 12v with key on and also 12v with starter button depressed.

Morning barnett468

Green/white = fuel pump high  (12v)

Brown= fuel pump low (ground)

White/blue = low fuel damping 

The Green/white should have 12v on it for about 2 seconds at key-ON (fuel system prime) , then drop to 0v, then it should have full time 12v on it again during engine cranking, or with engine running.

To run the fuel pump __  (Green/white) to  battery (+) post,, (Brown) to battery (-) post.

Do not run the pump for more than a nano second without fuel passing through it as the fuel both lubricates the pump but also cools it.