IGNORED

Rear shock and Beemershop, a recommendation

joeb

I needed a rear shock to replace the original on my 09 r 1200 gs. This forum recommended the beemershop.  I'm very happy with that recommendation.  Customer service was superb and the shock is a quality product. 

I was concerned about buying a shock because they can be very pricey and soooo many to choose from, but the crew at the Beemershop spent a lot of time talking me thru it. When the shock came I couldn't get it set up for my bike within spec, so I had to return it. I thought it would be a hassle but it was easy and kwik. Jeff at the Beemershop spent a whole lot of time with me on the phone to make sure the new shock would fit perfect. They replaced the returned shock within a couple of days and it hit the specs right out of the box.

Sure the shocks are pricey but I don't mind paying for something if it comes with a quality product and great service.  I recommend the beemershop and want to thank those of you who recommended them to me.

duckbubbles

I bought a set of Wilburs from them for my '03 R1100S BCR several years ago.  The compression damping on the original shocks was brutal!  They softened the ride and made the bike enjoyable to ride.  Best mod ever for that bike!

Frank

szurszewski
  • My last shocks purchased from them were a set for a K1200LT sidecar rig. I talked to Ted initially (pulled over on the side of the road somewhere and standing on a small hill to get service). I can't remember what I originally wanted, but he talked me into something less expensive. They had to be custom ordered from the manufacturer in the Netherlands which took a little bit (maybe two weeks?). The rear was perfect, but the front was set up incorrectly and wouldn't physically fit (though it took me a day of farting around trying to figure out what I was doing wrong to figure that out). I called and talked to Jeff and he arranged a replacement to me direct from the Netherlands in just a couple of days and before receiving the original back from me.