IGNORED

Front wheel ABS/Speed sensor - replacing

MightNotBeThere

MightNotBeThere

It looks like I have to replace my damaged ABS/Speed sensor - does anyone happen to know where the non-wheel end will plug in? It's quite a long lead which disappears under the fairing & could plug in nearly anywhere.  I assume I have to disassemble half the bike but it would be nice to know in advance. 

As this is not a common maintenance issue (as far as I know) I'm posting in more than one place. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

dirtrider
21 minutes ago, MightNotBeThere said:

Afternoon MightNotBeThere

I guess I don't understand that thread as the BMW hexhead 1200RT doesn't have a coolant tank, & splicing needs to be totally water proof as that wheel speed sensor is very important to the ABS operation. 

Here is the connector location on the hexhead BMW 1200RT. You also have to access the zip ties holding the cable.  

LnRQ8Th.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
MightNotBeThere

Thanks for your post.  Probably my error for assuming that people look at sigs - I didn't clearly identify the bike as a 2018 which does have a reservoir, and i should have clearly said 2018 at the beginning of my post.

53 minutes ago, MightNotBeThere said:

Thanks for your post.  Probably my error for assuming that people look at sigs - I didn't clearly identify the bike as a 2018 which does have a reservoir, and i should have clearly said 2018 at the beginning of my post.

Afternoon  MightNotBeThere

I usually first look at what motorcycle (make/model)  is  being asked about (identified) in the thread, if there is no make/model given then I next look at the forum heading (in this case it was posted in the Hexhead forum) so it must be a Hexhead? 

Sometimes (if I have the time) I will go through some of the poster's old threads as sometimes they will identify what they have there, but even that is not perfect as what they last posted about might not be what they are working on now.  

I almost never look at the signature line as riders buy & sell motorcycles, don't update their signature, work on others motorcycles, buy new motorcycles, help friends with problems.