IGNORED

R1150RT left cylinder not firing

RT1150Ted

RT1150Ted

Winter project finally came together with new slave cylinder and new 6mm extended friction plate.

bike back together and started ok but ran rough. Waiting for weather to drive to get some premium fuel in it.

started rough today. Shut it down and right cylinder hot left a little warm but exhaust cool….

at a loss .. all wires hooked up.

I did remove the evap solenoid and plugged vacuum lines.. can’t see how that would effect left side only.

Yes. I have checked the throttle cables and they are both operating in sync.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Ted

Edited by RT1150Ted
Spelling
dirtrider
4 hours ago, RT1150Ted said:

Winter project finally came together with new slave cylinder and new 6mm extended friction plate.

bike back together and started ok but ran rough. Waiting for weather to drive to get some premium fuel in it.

started rough today. Shut it down and right cylinder hot left a little warm but exhaust cool….

at a loss .. all wires hooked up.

I did remove the evap solenoid and plugged vacuum lines.. can’t see how that would effect left side only.

Yes. I have checked the throttle cables and they are both operating in sync.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Ted

Afternoon Ted

The first thing I can think of is your L/H throttle cable is not fully seated DOWN IN the throttle body adjuster ferrel. (easy to miss)

Next, would be that you somehow pulled a spark plug wire loose from the ignition coil (make sure those are fully seated in the coil)

Otherwise make sure the fuel injector is fully plugged in.

Also, make sure that you don't have fouled spark plugs on that side.  

You didn't plug the intake on that side then forget to remove the rag or plug did you?

ESokoloff

My civilian 2003 RT ended up with a shielded ignition coil & spark plug wires from the factory (grounded perforated metal cage around it (shielded) RTP type). 
One day one of the plug wires ended up grounding thus no spark on that side.  

RT1150Ted

Hi Dirt Rider

I thought i deleted the post. I found the issue.

Oh man a rag in the intake.... that would be fun.

You are correct on the left coil plug.... It must have been just barely connected if thats possible, on my first start after reassemble.

But second start it must have come loose I went around checking all connectors and yes the left coil plug was loose. not completely disconnected visually but definitely loose.

Re-connected and bike started up great. Whew.

After all the plugs and things i removed to get at the transmission it could have been anything.

thanks for your response!

Ted