IGNORED

Just Because

Rinkydink

Rinkydink

Beautiful weather today. Took the old girl out on her much needed jaunt around and about. She enjoys it as much as I do.

47257124-EC77-497C-8027-B5A50B73222F.jpeg

F4199650-1E8E-4E1C-9BF2-F9CD589DB4F9.jpeg

• Like 8

Nice! Even the old girls like to get rid  Umm, exercised every now and again. :spittake: I’ve got to get my Italian lady friend out for a spin around the block soon.

• Like 2
  • Smile 2

That is one fine bike.  My first BMW was a 1973 R90.  One simple fun bike.  The worst thing you ever had to do was sync carbs every year or so....Took all of about 5 minutes.  I had a reynolds side stand on it, otherwise stock.

Rinkydink
8 hours ago, Skywagon said:

That is one fine bike.  My first BMW was a 1973 R90.  One simple fun bike.  The worst thing you ever had to do was sync carbs every year or so....Took all of about 5 minutes.  I had a reynolds side stand on it, otherwise stock.

It shifts like a tractor in lower gears, brakes aren’t what I’d call awe inspiring, suspension is marginal at best but that motor runs smooth as a kitten and pulls like a boxer does. She sure puts a smile on my face everytime. 

• Like 1
MichiganBob

Reminds me of my first Beemer, 71 R/75. Retired at 160k. Great motor, key was a round shaft on a black plastic holder, horn pathetic, Bings hard to sync, but I loved that bike so much. Sturgis 3 times, us perimeter once, and so many other trips. 

DakarTimm

Hopefully the weather will hold just long enough to get the R60/6 out from the very back of the garage this weekend . Nothing quite like extracting all 39 horses out of her ..drum brakes and all. 

beemer 600.jpg

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Rinkydink said:

It shifts like a tractor in lower gears, brakes aren’t what I’d call awe inspiring,

Thats called character.  All my BMW's shift like a tractor...some worse than others.  Mine had drum brakes on the rear and as you know the tires aren't very big.  Stopping was always an interesting proposition.  Same on my R100RT especially the rears.

• Like 1

Took mine to Fart, Natural Bridge last year. Was a little more work zipping around than on the RT. But well worth the nostalgia 

B085AD86-E728-41C2-9EFF-F718A044F4FF.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1