IGNORED

Service light, computer to know code? 2011 1200RT

KBoot

Hi,

Please see the attached image.  I'm assuming since it says service I need to take it in for service?  Or does the word flash when needing service?  Does it disappear from lower left corner when okay?  

Also.  Can I purchase some type of test kit or computer that will tell me what might be wrong?  I understand that might not be cheap, but knowing what the Issue is would be very helpful.

Thank you

IMG_20230501_164100.jpg

It is a service reminder, meaning that it is scheduled for routine maintenance based on mileage or time.   A visit to the dealer (for the service) will re-set that minder for the next one due or you can use a GS-911; either purchase one from HERE or borrow one from local BMW club, or friends, etc

Hi Everyone,

I was told I could keep the cost down by using an ODBLink Connector and Moto Scan app, so I purchase this from online and the connector cable.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9S71LW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details and this adapter: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HQSNBR2?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The problem is that both ODBLink connectors were NEVER noticed when scanning for BlueTooth even though I would press the "pair" button.   I returned them twice now, so it appears to be some other incompatibility.  

I was trying to avoid the $400 GS-911, but am I doing something wrong with the ODBLink and MotoScan?   Or will the GS-911 solve everything without issue?  I think I would have to use a different cable connector for the GS-911 as well?

Thanks,

Try plugging it into a car obd2 and linking it.  Would tell you if it is the tool or the bike or possibly the adapter cable.