IGNORED

NMSitM '23 check-in

Groanup

In @ 3:30, took a very scenic ride home, and had a good time with the group……..

( and found the dive bar, big fun!)

See ya 

FD51C2AF-D07C-426C-8D51-2DC561E00E9A.jpeg

66A1C0C6-FB07-4645-97DF-EBF9A8A285F2.jpeg

5E313546-0711-4D81-9A8D-805988979971.jpeg

DEC68B09-9F8F-4949-A52E-8A8F1F964B44.jpeg

• Like 4

The might bug slaying KTM has returned me to my shack. Seemed like a long day, the last 60 miles were into a quartering wind with my helmet pressed against the side of my head.

Great weekend riding with like minded lunatics. Thanks all, hope to see many of you in Weaverville next month.

Russ

20230429_140027.jpg

20230429_140031.jpg

20230429_140329.jpg

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 1

In at 3:00. Was on the road by 7:30. Last I saw of Dave was Barstow and he still had air in his tires. Hot as hell the last 200 miles but worth it. 

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1

In by 5 pm after taking the scenic back-road route with MrDuck and Rob, followed by a slight detour over Angeles Forrest Hwy and the open portion of Angeles Crest Hwy to avoid some lane splitting.  Other than Havasu Dave's unplug-able flat tire performance two road-trips in a row, great weekend, great roads, great people.  Mariposa turned out to be a great location this year.  Thanks everyone.

Quick shoutout to R. Tillery Powersports of Bakersfield who saved Havasu Dave's trip.  Not only did they have his tire in stock, they came out with a trailer and picked him up within 30 to 45 minutes from their location 20 minutes away from where we were.  Sounded like a mom n pop setup.  The guy who showed up in a Honda Odyssey mini van with trailer said he was at home when his wife called him (presumably the lady Dave spoke with via telephone) and told him "I don't care what you're doing, drop it and go get this guy on the road."  Talk about good people.  They cater to sport bikes and racers, but took good care of Dave and he only lost a few hours with their help.

CA roads 2, Havasu Dave's tires 0.

GTPlug.thumb.jpg.5cd078644e3bfc35c908cc877b23e8b1.jpg

GTTrailer.thumb.jpg.844420612f93672c19838d5345ee6388.jpg

On the Saturday ride.

GSCoulterville.thumb.jpg.ee64990add20ac9db907f3db43caab2d.jpg

The Tuolumne River down below was flowing.  Still picture doesn't do it justice.

IMG_2642.thumb.jpg.c1d122660349c6a0538ee0dafc0136e3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 1
Traveler1

Thor, Todd & Robin, and Mary-Anna all home safe.   Fun weekend for all.   Thanks  to Joe for keeping this event going.   Enjoyed Saturdays ride - choice of roads was fantastic.

• Like 2
Rob Nowell

This was my first North-Meets-South trip.  Had a real good time.  Nice getting to know Dave and Joe a little.  Thanks for letting me tag along!  See you in Weaverville.

• Like 1
Havasu Dave

Yeah, I made it home. Little warm and gusty at the border. Thanks to Todd and Brian for hanging with my latest encounter with screwy objects. I can't recommend enough Steve, Brea, and Nick at R Tillery Motorsports in Bakersfield for the prompt recovery and re-shoe job. They are special folks with a love of sport and tour moto. I would take my bike there again if it weren't 300 miles.

Good to party with old hands and new bros. C ya in Colorado.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Rob Nowell said:

hey, anyone remember the name of the lunch stop on Saturday?

I think it was Evergreen Lodge.

• Plus 1 1
C_Williams

Home Monday 3pm, Jim and I decide. to extend the trip by a day. Both happy we did

Had a great time. Thanks Joe for arranging in things in Mariposa, Hotel, etc.and to all the folks who made it a fun trip

Jim wanted to verify that a certain road was closed.:)

We did make it to Redinger Dam

IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

Dam.jpg

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1
CoarsegoldKid

Yes, Rob, Brian T is correct.  Evergreen Lodge was name.

I told anyone that wanted to know where I was heading that I was going to Mariposa.  You're going the wrong way they would say.  No not really.  Was in Tehachapi by 4pm.  Jan was already there when I showed up.  Although Friday wasn't according to plan it was all good.

Gonna look into making Weaverville.

• Like 5
  • Plus 1 1

In as well. I took Carl on another non- RT suitable adventure down Indian Bar, then to the bottom of the Redinger Lake dam (photo above).

Road was tough….Carl and his RT took it like a champ.  Another awesome weekend….good riding, great people, and beautiful sights. 

Looking forward Torrey and Weaverville. Hope to see you guys there.

F7AF018A-8F09-48D9-9DAC-5D82A72EE138.jpeg

• Like 4

Thanks everyone for making a great weekend.  Friday's ride was amazing.  Such great roads. 

I got in at home around 5 pm Monday.  Long slog from Mariposa to Cortez by what I thought was gonna be the less hot route.  Hit 105 F in Needles and likely was north of 100 for about two hours.  Cooled off for my stay in Kingman, and I was able to walk to dinner.  It was windy, too, but not windy like today, Monday.  There were streams of sand blowing over the road, and huge dust clouds in the sky.  I'm sure there were gusts to 50 mph.  Fuel economy took a hit.  

Will see folk at Torrey and the Unrally!

• Like 1