IGNORED

Best Smartphone holders (2011 BMW 1200RT)

KBoot

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2011 BMW 1200RT and I am looking for the best smartphone mounts.  It would be used for Navigation and music.

1. I need the best mounting ideas

2. My phone does not have an audio cable out, so is there a means of using the USBC out and convert to USB connection on the bike?  Then I could hear it through the stereo as a USB device?

Thanks!

I use this from Ram Mounts on both the GS and RT.

A7211EE3-A637-434F-8089-3DB5518D1FDC.jpeg

Previously, I had the Ram X-mount thinghy and it worked just fine, but this Ram mount, I like much better.

Don't know about your audio issues, most use Bluetooth connection to helmet comms of their choice (mine's Sena)

• Plus 1 1
54 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

I use this from Ram Mounts on both the GS and RT.

A7211EE3-A637-434F-8089-3DB5518D1FDC.jpeg

Previously, I had the Ram X-mount thinghy and it worked just fine, but this Ram mount, I like much better.

Don't know about your audio issues, most use Bluetooth connection to helmet comms of their choice (mine's Sena)

I use that mount on all my bikes........ just don't mount it upside-down! One of my buddies did that and his phone ejected over a speed bump taken too fast...:rofl: 

• Haha 2
21 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

I use that mount on all my bikes........ just don't mount it upside-down! One of my buddies did that and his phone ejected over a speed bump taken too fast...:rofl: 

I'ma landscape oriented person ;)

Rider1260

I use a Quad lock with the vibration damper and their RAM ball mount, I made the dash mount but also have a mount on the tree you can see . 

The Quad Lock is really nice and secure. sorry the pics have the ram mount in them and my smaller old phone. 

1.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

Sun 3.JPG

RandyShields

There are a bunch out there.  The Quad Lock is highly rated.  I have a RAM X-Grip that works well. 

RAM Mounts X-Grip Handlebar U-Bolt Base | 10% ($7.69) Off! - RevZilla

I also picked up a Q-Mount a couple of years ago.  They make passive holders, as well as units that charge your phone while connected.  It works well and is very secure.

Q-MOUNT Phone Holder For Riders of bike, e-scooter, bicycle, stroller

I also note that most of these designs also have Chinese knock-offs that are cheaper than the name brands.

John R1250RT

Too easy.  Couple of cable ties and cutters, Done!  It stays put (I have 6k+ miles on it and it doesn't move), is easy to view GPS info on your phone and crazy easy to remove and install onto your next bike!  

PHONE MOUNT.jpg

PHONE MOUNT SIDE VIEW.jpg

PHONE MOUNT ANTI ROTATE CABLE TIE.jpg

CABLE TIES FOR PHONE MOUNT.jpg

John R1250RT

Oh yeah, the little side thingy's to hold the phone side to side...you don't need them, the phone stays put and you can push the phone to the left against the fog light switch housing if it make you feel better.  

Good luck!

John

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
bulldogranger

Sorry folks, haven't been on in a while.  If you haven't gotten the issue settled yet, go to hondogarage.com and check out their Perfect Squeeze mounts.  Made of aluminum with only 4 points of contact with your phone from the sides that are cushioned so you can use it without a case and not damage the screen or cover up any part of the screen if you have one of those screens that go over the side like an Android.  After 30k miles of riding on my '11 RT and a few other bikes, it's never failed and it's steady - no vibration.  I do use a ram mounting point on the left handlebar and the power port on the left side panel so it doesn't integrate into the BMW radio connected like that.  Pretty much Bluetooth only.  The only place for that to happen is in the right cubby hole where you really can't use your phone for anything IF it will even fit in there at all.

1000000336[1].jpg