IGNORED

Programming TPM

David Adams

David Adams

Have a 2010 R1200GS with both TPMs not working.  Do I have to use original BMW sensors or can I get aftermarket ones.  Can the after markets ones be programmed the same?

20 hours ago, David Adams said:

Have a 2010 R1200GS with both TPMs not working.  Do I have to use original BMW sensors or can I get aftermarket ones.  Can the after markets ones be programmed the same?

You do not program the sensors, You need a GS911 or Motoscan to enter the sensor IDs into the bike.

David Adams

Ok, thanks.  So then my question becomes, will the off brand sensors be read by BMW or will it only read original equipment?

Here are the options other than the banana style sensors from China.

BMW 36 31 9 832 032                          US$220
KTM 61412033000                               US$73 - 80
Schrader 3141M or KTM 3142M        US$70 (must be imported into the US)
Schrader 33900                                     US$40 (must be programmed or cloned using a TPMS tool)

These are all new style sensors so they also need a "service kit" for mounting that varies depending on the wheel style.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
RadioFlyer

The Schrader 33900 programmable EZ-sensor will work with pre-2022 BMW motorcycles. Not all programming tools will include motorcycles in their menus but happlily there is a work-around. Programming it as if it was being installed in a 2009 Saturn Astra results in a working "Gen2" sensor for BMW bikes.

• Thanks 1