IGNORED

conti road attacks

randy

I used the old conti force on my 1996 R1100rt many years ago. really liked them. who has experience on the new road attacks??

I just had two sets of road pilots, and liked them ok. but I really liked the old conti force, i felt the had a little more grip, and better wet weather, but less mileage.

just wondering about experience with road attacks on the R1100rt series.

If anyone has experience please post.

I have 3,000 miles on my first set. They are sticker than the Avon Azaros I hae been using, two sets, 12,000 miles apiece.

I feel the Attacks hold the road better, I am starting to drag pegs, easier. But with that I am noticing the wear is greater than the Azaros. I have not had them in the wet, yet.

thanks Kenny, that is my experience also, little sportier than the azaros and pilot roads, but not as good mileage. but that is ok, I want a stickier tire right now. thanks

I used the old conti force on my 1996 R1100rt many years ago. really liked them. who has experience on the new road attacks??

I just had two sets of road pilots, and liked them ok. but I really liked the old conti force, i felt the had a little more grip, and better wet weather, but less mileage.

just wondering about experience with road attacks on the R1100rt series.

If anyone has experience please post.

I have Road Attacks on my R1150RT and I love them. The wet grip is sufficient for me to touch down the feelers. The turn-in is smooth and the tyres are quiet - I had bad vibration/noise with Azaros. The wear is a little higher (6K versus 7K) but in the UK they are only 75% of the price of the other brands, so work out much cheaper.

Andy

I'll second what the Boffin said - I changed from Azaro's, with which I was very pleased, to try the Conti's partly based on andy's experience, & I'll second his vote of confidence.

I will have to see how they last, but they are very confidence inspiring, & comfortable, & here in the UK they are little more than half the price of Metzeler's & Michelin's.

Another vote here for the Conti road attacks. They came on my 12RT and I love them. Same experience as the others have reported.

I have been very happy with the new set of conti road attacks. thumbsup.gif

There were dunlops mounted when I bought the bike and the road attacks are much quieter and smoother. Easier on the bumps to the point where I thought my pressure was too low.

I've been in some pretty heavy rain lately on the highways and haven't had any problems at all.

I don't know about mileage yet but will have a sense before the end of the summer and can report out then.

I too have the road attacks, they are an excellent tyre. Wet grip is remarkable and the dry grip is excellent. They are wearing very well, and here in the UK, they are a lot cheaper than all the other major players.

Archived