IGNORED

Surprise Cell Tower

MT Wallet

I took a little 5 week vacation and when I returned home I noticed, directly across the road, a large brand spanking new cell tower within 100 meters of my house. No antennas mounted yet. Any one with any expertise on thses things? Do they emit noise? What about radiation in any spectrum? I think I just watched my property value take a steep dive.

Well. plainly they emit radiation.  That is what they are for.  But, it isn't harmful and it's not the kind of radiation you are thinking of.  We are speaking of radio waves and such.  There shouldn't be any noise, unless it's during service.  

In no way an expert but I do know of one tower that was erected but removed sometime later having never received its antennas. 
It was behind a Los Angeles County fire station & literally out their back door.  

Start raising cane with the county officials. 

• Like 2
Joe Frickin' Friday
13 hours ago, MT Wallet said:

What about radiation in any spectrum? 

Yes, they emit electromagnetic radiation. That's the reason you can hear the person on the other end of your cell phone call speaking to you, and why you can browse BMWST.com on your cell phone.  Your home Wi-Fi router (and anything connected to it) also uses electromagnetic radiation. So does anything linked by Bluetooth.  So does the Sena/Cardo wireless comms system stuck to the side of your helmet.

The electromagnetic radiation spectrum includes everything from radio waves to microwaves, to infrared radiation, to visible light, to ultraviolet light, to x-rays, and gamma rays.

For anything ranging from radio waves to visible light, no single photon has enough energy to damage the chemical bonds of your DNA.  The only biological hazard from these photons happens when there are so many of them that they actually heat up your flesh.  This is exactly how I microwave oven works.

Ultraviolet light, X-rays, and gamma rays are all dangerous because each individual photon has enough energy to damage your DNA. If this kind of damage happens a lot, eventually you end up with mutations that can lead to cancer and/or cell death.

Cell phones and cell phone towers transmit information using microwaves, and they transmit at very low power (typically a couple of watts). As such, they are biologically harmless.  

For more information:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_spectrum

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave

Calvin  (no socks)

On a positive note: Your new directions for people and delivery services unacquainted with your house.... Right across from the cell tower, you can't miss it  ! 

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1

According to certain groups, the 5G towers are reading your brainwaves for the government to use against you, and also spread the coronavirus. Which of course is crazy. The government just reads the crap posted by them on the internet to know their thoughts. And the virus was spread by whichever political party they don't like. 

On the other hand, you will have REALLY good reception and should you choose wi-fi over cellular your problems with that are solved!

I was President of our Community Association and some company {T-Mobile} wanted a new cell tower in the neighborhood behind the fire department,.  Well, there are a bunch of laws, and fighting it was a challenge.  You can't argue Radiation or any nebulous health issue, they have eminent domain, if they want it, it goes up, so in our town code was written language that the "Fall Zone," if it ever fell, had to be clear of all residential structures. If it fell it would have taken out homes in all directions, so they did not put it up. There were a bunch of other hidden disclosures, such as who stood to profit by the additional communication devices, sold to us as help for the fire department, when in fact "Volunteer Firemen, had the contract and ongoing income stream for these devices. Dig into everything, some obscure rule may help you get rid of the eyesore. 

szurszewski
52 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

According to certain groups, the 5G towers are reading your brainwaves for the government to use against you, and also spread the coronavirus. Which of course is crazy. The government just reads the crap posted by them on the internet to know their thoughts. And the virus was spread by whichever political party they don't like. 

wait - so the cell towers let us post to the internet from our phones, and the government is monitoring us by reading our posts…so then they ARE using the 5g towers to read our minds!

44 minutes ago, realshelby said:

On the other hand, you will have REALLY good reception and should you choose wi-fi over cellular your problems with that are solved!

Amusingly, years ago we had Clear wireless broadband service - and it was always spotty and never as fast as they said it would/should be. Why? Well, the only answer we ever got was, oh - you’ve got a tower less than a block away - you’re getting poor service because you’re too close!

No idea if that was true, but more than one rep said that. Of course, I’m sure when we signed up they said exactly the opposite. 

So, @MT Wallet you’ll have to let us know if this tower decreases your cell coverage while simultaneously increasing your likelihood of an audit from the IRS…

2 hours ago, realshelby said:

Not necessarily, he could have crappy reception due to bring too close. 

our previous house was less than 1/2 mile from a tower, relatively flat area, and we needed the at home hook up to internet with gps puck cell extender to ensure no dropped calls

being that close, signal could fly right over head

When we moved into current house there was a cell site about 1/2 block next to power lines. Now there are 3 of them on separate poles right next to power lines. I get 3 out of 4 bars on my phone. Not sure they made any difference. 

Pat mentioned the "fall zone" which is one of my concerns. While I was away a cell tower fell over about 60 miles away from me. It blocked the highway(no one hurt), tore down the power lines and created a nuisance. It has to be cut apart and moved to open the highway. 

There's a back story here as well. The engineering company scouting the cell tower sites approached me and my neighbor to locate the tower on our land about 2 years ago.. We said no. The township then got involved and made it clear that a cell site had to locate on a parcel of land with 30 or more acres. I and my neighbor have 30 together which didn't qualify even if we were inclined to say yes..

Township people suggested some appropriate sites but those were rejected by the engineering company.They had a "radius" they had to be if for their 5G tower. This left one viable place where they might have an "in". The National Guard base across the road. I took the initiative and phoned the base comander who was a cordial easy guy to talk to. He understood my objections to having a cell tower close to me and stated that he didn't see a cell being constructed because he had too much air traffic coming and going and it posed a hazard. He mentioned that the "other cell carriers" we hanging antenas on the base water tower so he saw no reason to construct a tower. Apparently he is leaving that command May 1 and someone decided to construct the tower-you guessed it, on base property where the township has no say.

I love the industrial park vibe this cell tower adds to some adjacent state construction for equipment storage.

10 hours ago, Calvin (no socks) said:

On a positive note: Your new directions for people and delivery services unacquainted with your house.... Right across from the cell tower, you can't miss it  ! 

The delivery people who only use their Gps usually are off by about a 1/4 mile and on the wrong side of the road. Last year I filled out a renewal of my bee keeper license which included my hives locations via a link they supplied by gps of course. They had me located in the middle of the National Guard base!!! Gotta love technology.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Yes, they emit electromagnetic radiation. That's the reason you can hear the person on the other end of your cell phone call speaking to you, and why you can browse BMWST.com on your cell phone.  Your home Wi-Fi router (and anything connected to it) also uses electromagnetic radiation. So does anything linked by Bluetooth.  So does the Sena/Cardo wireless comms system stuck to the side of your helmet.

The electromagnetic radiation spectrum includes everything from radio waves to microwaves, to infrared radiation, to visible light, to ultraviolet light, to x-rays, and gamma rays.

For anything ranging from radio waves to visible light, no single photon has enough energy to damage the chemical bonds of your DNA.  The only biological hazard from these photons happens when there are so many of them that they actually heat up your flesh.  This is exactly how I microwave oven works.

Ultraviolet light, X-rays, and gamma rays are all dangerous because each individual photon has enough energy to damage your DNA. If this kind of damage happens a lot, eventually you end up with mutations that can lead to cancer and/or cell death.

Cell phones and cell phone towers transmit information using microwaves, and they transmit at very low power (typically a couple of watts). As such, they are biologically harmless.  

For more information:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_spectrum

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave

<geek rant on>

Microwave ovens don't heat things due to photon emission. See this article for a better explanation:

https://cem.com/microwave-heating-mechanism-and-theory

From the article:

...microwaves instantly heat any solvent, solute, or material in solution through dipolar rotation and/or ionic conduction, resulting in a more efficient, more precise, and safer mode of heating.

<geek rant off>

• Like 1

Well, having an Extra Class FCC Radio license, I cannot see the theory of being too close to a cell tower for good reception to be accurate. Even with 16 element directional beam antenna setups you get enough radiation out of pattern to have a strong local signal. 

So my theory is that the signal from the "local" cell tower is not the same brand/provider and/or it is using a different frequency than you might be. 3G 4G 5G are all different frequencies. 

25 minutes ago, realshelby said:

Well, having an Extra Class FCC Radio license, I cannot see the theory of being too close to a cell tower for good reception to be accurate. Even with 16 element directional beam antenna setups you get enough radiation out of pattern to have a strong local signal. 

So my theory is that the signal from the "local" cell tower is not the same brand/provider and/or it is using a different frequency than you might be. 3G 4G 5G are all different frequencies. 

Alls I'm saying is that we needed the black box from Verizon to actually make our phones work without drops.  We were not alone in this.  While the nifty map shows coverage, it is in error.  neighbors all around us had to get the boxes from Verizon and Sprint.  Circled in red was our house.

image.png.89e48d9f7a10335d15ef08ddb62d5899.png

Here's the tower:  my distance was off, 1.3 mile from the tower and it was crappy/intermittent signal

image.png.e3db76ac7d2ee247b9e0bee0d7b7de96.png