IGNORED

Not a new message - Be aware out there

Lone_RT_rider

Lone_RT_rider

This is not anything that hasn't been said before, but more than anything just a re-enforcement of what others think of us.  My local FB page had a fellow motorcyclist post this.....

image.png.f067e557c5fc41266a2957c303eb0b7b.png

So one of the local "Karen's" in my community took it upon herself to pound her chest about about how she was better than us.  My response is just below hers.  Did I overstep? I'm sure someone will tell me if I did.  :)  

image.png.3aaa6035f6393502d8b20d562f548cd2.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I think you showed restraint, honestly. I have a feeling you had to retype your answer a couple times before posting.

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1
  • Haha 1

I want to hear her reply. Then you’re probably free to insert your original response. :spittake: Very respectful in an attempt to educate but, some kids just don’t get it.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I want to hear her reply. Then you’re probably free to insert your original response. :spittake: Very respectful in an attempt to educate but, some kids just don’t get it.

Actually, you don't really need to hear the reply.   Arguing with a cager about motorcycling is like wrestling (wrastlin') with a pig in the mud.  Sooner or later, you will realize that they enjoy it.   :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
MichiganBob

As the Desiderata teaches us, "speak your truth quietly and clearly." That's exactly what you did. Then you move on. Very few people experience a bright lightbulb exploding in their brain followed by giving back a big thank you because they now realize that they are a total imbecile.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

This is not anything that hasn't been said before, but more than anything just a re-enforcement of what others think of us.  My local FB page had a fellow motorcyclist post this.....

So one of the local "Karen's" in my community took it upon herself to pound her chest about about how she was better than us.  My response is just below hers.  Did I overstep? I'm sure someone will tell me if I did.  :)  

Morning Lone_RT_rider

Your reply is solid but keep in mind that you are dealing with an "entitled Karen" so whatever you post will fall on deaf ears. 

You already know where her head is at when she blames the biker for taking chances but blames the CAR instead of the jackass DRIVER if by chance it is the automobile driver that is at fault. 

I still think my grandpappy was right (he was an engineer) that was actively working when the big push to start making automobiles safer was in it's infancy. He used to say "if you want to make automobiles safer, just remove the windshields".   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
14 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Actually, you don't really need to hear the reply.   Arguing with a cager about motorcycling is like wrestling (wrastlin') with a pig in the mud.  Sooner or later, you will realize that they enjoy it.   :classic_biggrin:

Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Smile 1
13 minutes ago, EdM said:

Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

That is pathetic but so true.:P

• Like 1

My neighbor is frightened to death of motorcycles, almost physically started shaking the first time she saw me getting on my cycle. Of course she had to comment how dangerous they were, and she knows someone who knows someone who died blah, blah, blah.

I said, did you hear about those 5 teenage kids in the minivan that died this weekend in the rollover accident? She said yes.

I said there's no way I would ride in a minivan, those things are dangerous.

She just looked at me, her brain working too hard, muttered something, and walked off trying to figure out how to make sense of it all. I considered it a victory.

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 2

Another great story, one of my favorites, friend and I gassing up at the station, guy walks up, starts telling a story about a guy that  blah, my buddy stops him dead and says, "You're not going to tell a motorcycle crashing story, are you?"

He is genuinely taken aback, looks down and mutters, no, er, no, ah......

Thank God, another one of those f'd up encounters averted.

• Like 2

I was riding my skateboard once and….

kid on tricycle in my hood was….

went to grocery store and one of those carts….

was walking down the sidewalk and…

I think what this means is movement is hazardous. Think I’ll stay on the couch today to be safe. 

uh I was asleep on the couch one time and….

• Like 1

That is the thing. Many non motorcyclists don’t realize, that what we do, is an accepted, measured risk.

Yes, motorcycling can be considered dangerous, especially if you mix alcohol, drugs, inexperience into the equation. Most successful riders, don’t do any of the above. Plus, many of us are very defensive when riding, (and also driving). We consider that to be a survivor tactics. Lots of riders will take refresher safety courses as well.

We will never change the “ Karen’s” mind, so I don’t bother trying, but I do like the anecdotal story  that Hosstage mentioned.

I ride mainly for the mental therapeutic benefit.  The fun, camaraderie, fuel economy etc., are all just icing on the cake.

• Like 2
MichiganBob

Sometimes, I like a little paradox with a sprinkle of satire. I just look at them real serious like and explain that some very excellent scientifically based studies have  concluded that riding a motorcycle is safer than a car ......... up until the point of impact. Then that curve falls rapidly.  They look confused about that. I just laugh.

• Smile 1
  • Haha 2
MichiganBob

Or that great Hunter Thompson quote “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!”

• Like 2