IGNORED

Ilium Works

Melty

I purchased the tip over protection engine guard and luggage protection for my 2023 RT. The engine guard portion arrived, still waiting on the luggage parts. Since it's snowed last week, and it's forecast to be cold and wet this week, I decided to start installing the parts I have. After removing the necessary body work, I installed the left side guard, the next step is to install a cross bar. except the bar that came in the package is to big to insert into the guards by .59mm on one side and .88mm on the other side. So I called them. They didn't have any in stock but had just received a shipment. The representative I spoke with was going to send the piece he had earmarked for another customer. I have had zero communication since last Thursday (4/20/2023) after speaking to them today, nobody is aware of the situation and the rep I spoke with is out for a few days or more. I am about to dispute the charges on my credit card, remove what I have installed and send it back. Lack of process, Lack of communication. and zero follow through.

Thinking Wunderlich instead.

• Plus 1 1

Update: 

The rep I initially talked still has not responded, but the "Accounting Dept." called me after I initiated a Dispute with the Credit Card company. She gave me an explanation that at least gave me SOME information and confirmed my suspicions.

It's really just two people, the parts I received were made and packed by Ilium Works prior to the move from California to Arizona. They don't have the remainder of my order on hand, and it MAY take 2-3 weeks before it's available. She offered to send a different crossbar, but unable to guarantee fitment. Even though she is willing to issue a refund, I no longer have faith that this company will exist in the future to offer any warranty or replacement parts. They have the rest of the day to give me a firm date for the remainder of the order and a satisfactory result for the parts I have paid for.

I would have been okay with disappointing news, but I am not okay with no follow up at all. 

Wayne Johnson

they have just changed ownership and moving also. Give them a chance they offer a great product. I am waiting for an answer to convert adjustable pegs to low mount with the pieces i already have and an answer is also slow in

coming

szurszewski
On 4/24/2023 at 9:30 AM, Melty said:

I purchased the tip over protection engine guard and luggage protection for my 2023 RT. The engine guard portion arrived, still waiting on the luggage parts. Since it's snowed last week, and it's forecast to be cold and wet this week, I decided to start installing the parts I have. After removing the necessary body work, I installed the left side guard, the next step is to install a cross bar. except the bar that came in the package is to big to insert into the guards by .59mm on one side and .88mm on the other side. So I called them. They didn't have any in stock but had just received a shipment. The representative I spoke with was going to send the piece he had earmarked for another customer. I have had zero communication since last Thursday (4/20/2023) after speaking to them today, nobody is aware of the situation and the rep I spoke with is out for a few days or more. I am about to dispute the charges on my credit card, remove what I have installed and send it back. Lack of process, Lack of communication. and zero follow through.

Thinking Wunderlich instead.

On 4/24/2023 at 12:41 PM, Melty said:

Update: 

The rep I initially talked still has not responded, but the "Accounting Dept." called me after I initiated a Dispute with the Credit Card company. She gave me an explanation that at least gave me SOME information and confirmed my suspicions.

It's really just two people, the parts I received were made and packed by Ilium Works prior to the move from California to Arizona. They don't have the remainder of my order on hand, and it MAY take 2-3 weeks before it's available. She offered to send a different crossbar, but unable to guarantee fitment. Even though she is willing to issue a refund, I no longer have faith that this company will exist in the future to offer any warranty or replacement parts. They have the rest of the day to give me a firm date for the remainder of the order and a satisfactory result for the parts I have paid for.

I would have been okay with disappointing news, but I am not okay with no follow up at all. 

I'm sorry you got an incorrect part and that they have not been expedient in getting the correct part back to you and providing quick/accurate responses. 

I don't understand why, instead of filing a dispute against them with your CC co. you didn't simply ask for a return. It doesn't sound like the company was unavailable, but rather the person who'd made you the promise of a replacement part was unavailable. Is that correct? If so, seems like when you talked to the second person and they said, I have no idea what you're talking about, you simply could have said, ok - I'd like to return this product that doesn't work for a refund. Did you try that? 

I certainly appreciate that we can so easily/readily file CC charge disputes these days, but speaking from the business side of things it is a real hassle when people file disputes for things that could be easily solved by asking for a refund (this is very much apart from filing a dispute when there is actually a case of merchant fraud or something like that). In your case, it sounds like they made an initial screw-up on the parts, and then communicated badly - it does NOT sound like anyone tried to defraud you. 

• Like 2
realshelby

.59 mm and .88mm? That is likely paint or powdercoat film build up ( .023-.035" ). Not saying that the part fits, but could there be a way to make it work with a bit of attention?

If a company does NOT respond to requests for problems about parts....or does not make a refund when appropriate, THEN file charges with credit card companies or PayPal. 

Very difficult to be perfect as a small business. Especially with what sounds like an owner change and location change. By all means ask for a refund if not happy with fitment. But you just might find you are not going to be happy with any other product ( Especially Wunderlich ) similar to the Illium. 

szursewski and realshelby I did ask for assistance in the form of a new part made correctly or a complete different system. I am not a complete ass, they had almost $1,000.00 of my money and I had parts that didn't fit together. They didnt have any in stock nor could they locate a set from a dealer. 

I spoke initially with Troy; his suggestion was to package that set and send it back so they could ream out the receiving portion. That would take a major portion of material and create a weak point, they wouldn't guarantee the warranty or cover any damages if my motorcycle would tip and the bars fail. I waited 4 business days for an answer and that made my decision easy. Grinding the cross bar would expose the metal to oxidization and rust. Call them, they answer the phone with 4 or 5 business names. It's a simple case of spread too thin coupled with no experience working with these pieces. The second person indicated they would send a return authorization when they could get to it. 

I have my money back and a set of Wunderlich bars mostly installed along with a set for Ilium Works packaged and waiting to be returned.

Maybe they are able to recover from this recent purchase and move, I hope so, I would much rather have purchased from an American made company.

• Like 1