IGNORED

Bluetooth - '18 RT - Nav VI - Sena 50S - iPhone 13Pro

Dirtmerchant

Dirtmerchant

Hey guys and gals.  Getting ready for a week long trip and I need some help, I have the following: 

2018 RT with Audio, recent dealer updates if that changed anything

Sena 50S with 1.2.2 firmware (most recent) 

Nav VI with updates. 

iPhone 13Pro with iOS 16.4.1

I want to be able to listen to Media from the iPhone through the Nav VI to the Sena OR switch the Audio on the bike and listen to XM or FM to the Sena; also want to be able to make calls through the Nav VI to the Sena.

I can get each one to work but not seamlessly and I know it can be done.

Can anyone tell me specifically which profile each device should be paired to the other?  

NOW

iPhone 13 to Nav VI - PHONE PAIRING 4.1.2 in the manual 

Nav VI to Sena 50S - GPS PAIRING  4.4 in the manual 

RT to Sena 50S - MEDIA SELECTIVE PAIRING - A2DP Profile 4.3.2 in the manual 

I DO NOT have the iPhone 13 connected to the Sena 50s

Thank you!!

DirtMerchant...I can't.  Not that smart.  If no one here has the info, reach out to these folks.  They have a series of videos that show how to connect various SENA's to Iphone to BMW.  I have mine hooked up via one of their videos and it works as it is suppose to.  Richard and Kathy are nice people and also make some nice products.

Home - RKA Motorcycle Luggage (rka-luggage.com)

No affiliation at all.

• Thanks 1

Dirtmerchant....this is the video I use to connect mine.  Some of the button pushing might be different on your unit, but the principle should be the same on what you connect.

Dirtmerchant

Thanks, I agree that Richard is the most help in the Sena world. I'm not sure where it went wrong, most likely user error. I initially but I had my Apple Watch on and connected to my iPhone when I did the initial set up so perhaps that contributed. The following is what I did that is currently working. 

Devices - 2018 BMW R12RT with Audio, BMW Nav VI, Sena 50s 

Update all firmware on Sena, Nav and iPhone.
Delete all pairing from RT, Sena, Nav and forget related devices on the iPhone, I did a factory reset on the Sena but don't know if it is necessary

Remove any unrelated connected bluetooth devices from the scene, in my case I shut down my Apple Watch

Turn on the Sena headset 

1st Sync Sena to the RT using Phone Pairing Profile as described in 4.1.2 of Sena manual

2nd Sync Sena to Nav using 2nd Mobile Phone Pairing Profile as described in 4.2 of the Sena manual

3rd Pair the iPhone to the Nav - obviously no Sena profiles

I can listen to media on the micro card in my NAV, listen to media from my iPhone (Pandora) through the Nav and listen to media (FM) from the RT and switch around reliably.

Your watch probably was a problem. The last time I did mine it wasn’t working. I had my iPad in the garage and that was the issue. 

• Thanks 1