IGNORED

Evap Vapor Can Delete - Do You Need Vacuum Tube Between L & R Intakes for Purge Valve

gmcjetpilot

gmcjetpilot

I broke that "TEE" from vacuum purge valve.  The TEE goes LEFT and RIGHT intake vacuum ports, and line to purge valve and then CAN. The TEE has very small internal diameter orifice.  Is it OK to do one or all of the following (in order of my preference):

Option #1, CAP the vacuum ports,

Option #2 Buy a 2 1/2 foot hose and tie L & R ports together. 

Option #3 use a barbed splice and just splice the two original hoses together. 

Option #4 get BMW part and cap the free leg of the TEE. (not even sure you can buy this part)

BTW that tee is weak sauce, great source of a possible vacuum leak. You can remove the hose without damage by slitting hose. I did not do that.  

• gmcjetpilot changed the title to Evap Vapor Can Delete - Do You Need Vacuum Tube Between L & R Intakes for Purge Valve
Joe Coastie

No, you don't need a balance tube between the throttle bodies.  My ports are capped off. I got the caps from beemer vineyard when I was ordering other items. You can also buy vacuum caps at your local auto parts.

10 hours ago, gmcjetpilot said:

I broke that "TEE" from vacuum purge valve.  The TEE goes LEFT and RIGHT intake vacuum ports, and line to purge valve and then CAN. The TEE has very small internal diameter orifice.  Is it OK to do one or all of the following (in order of my preference):

Option #1, CAP the vacuum ports,

Option #2 Buy a 2 1/2 foot hose and tie L & R ports together. 

Option #3 use a barbed splice and just splice the two original hoses together. 

Option #4 get BMW part and cap the free leg of the TEE. (not even sure you can buy this part)

BTW that tee is weak sauce, great source of a possible vacuum leak. You can remove the hose without damage by slitting hose. I did not do that.  

Morning  gmcjetpilot

As Joe mentioned a crossover hose is not needed. Most BMW 1150 bikes that were not imported  into the USA or Canada came without  an emission Evap canister. On those motorcycles the TB nipples were just plugged off with rubber caps. 

If you don't have proper (fuel resistant) rubber caps handy then just cut a couple of 3/4" pieces off of your existing hose, then stick a short tight fitting screw in one end of each short hose, then use those as vacuum caps. 

gmcjetpilot

Thanks. Of course you should never remove parts from your motorcycle. But if you did it would look like this (photo from internet not mine). Fuel resistant caps. Thanks all... did not think of that. Good to know.  😀

20230424_135652.jpg