IGNORED

New Zumo XT2

MikeB60

9 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Saw this on the K1600 site. Link

This is so typical...this.dumbass hasn't learned everything about my Zumo XT yet, and a new, improved model is out...I can't keep up on technological gadgets like GPS; cell phones; computers; motorcycle systems; comm units; microwave ovens; washing machines....on and on.  I just learned how to descale my Keurig coffeemaker!  :3:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, BamaJohn said:

I just learned how to descale my Keurig coffeemaker!  :3:

John, could you please post a tutorial? :dontknow: Heck, I’ve almost got my Nav IV mastered, it may just be time to move up! :classic_biggrin:

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1

According the announcement I read, the XT2 will fit in the samt mount as the XT. The wiring harness that you screw into the mount may be differerent. 

Yeah, I guess I should have actually read the article in the link that I posted.   :ohboy:

Thanks!!

1 hour ago, Chris K said:

According the announcement I read, the XT2 will fit in the samt mount as the XT. The wiring harness that you screw into the mount may be differerent. 

It fits, but Garmin says it may be a bit loose.  More importantly, Garmin does not use the XT 12V to 5V converter box on the XT2 wiring harness.  Although the XT2 will power up and work with either voltage, it will not charge as quickly on an XT mount. I suspect an XT will not work and may be damaged in an XT2 mount.

"Current zūmo XT customers that are upgrading to the zūmo XT2 and are NOT using the Group Ride Radio, may use the zūmo XT mount and wiring. However, this configuration will limit how quickly the zūmo XT2 will charge. This is because the zūmo XT default power cable only provides 1.5A (7.5W). The power cables provided with the zūmo XT2 are rated for higher voltage/power (12V/24W) and are easier to install as they can be cut to length. Garmin recommends installing the mount and power cables provided with the zūmo XT2 for peak performance."