IGNORED

GS 911 rear brake message

KDeline

2009 R 1200 RT 46,000 miles. So occasionally for the past year about once a ride, my rear brake pedal will just drop when I apply the brakes with no pressure bottoming  out. I’ll pull my foot off quickly and reapply and it works. Obviously if I get in a bad situation that could be dangerous. This was the error code that popped up on the 911 after I did the brake bleed down after the annual bleeding of the brakes. If I cycled the key, the faults were  no longer, present,  I could clear them, but when I did the brake bleed down a second and third time they would come back. It looks like I have a bad rear sensor, is it something I can replace? I don’t even know where it’s at.

92A923AA-25B0-4CD2-B599-553BB6EF702D.jpeg

• KDeline changed the title to GS 911 rear brake message

Pretty sure that is the kiss of death for the pump.  If I'm not mistaken those sensors are internal to the pump and not replaceable. I would call module masters and discuss the issue with them. Link

1 minute ago, MikeB60 said:

Pretty sure that is the kiss of death for the pump.  If I'm not mistaken those sensors are internal to the pump and not replaceable. I would call module masters and discuss the issue with them. Link

Ugh. I hope not.  I'm stunned no one else has chimed in.