IGNORED

Torque for R1250 GS Spokes

Twisties

I'm familiar with the tap and listen method of checking and tightening spokes.  But, it looks like it would be easy to use a torque wrench on the R 1250 GS wheels.  The R 1250 GS owners manual says if they don't sound right, take 'em in....  Not very helpful.  Does anyone know if there is a torque specification for these spokes?

4 N/M. There is a small allen screw inside the torx to loosen before you tighten the spoke. Also I would do some research first because if you mess up the truing on the wheel then it is a bear to do. 

Spokes.jpg

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Twisties said:

I'm familiar with the tap and listen method of checking and tightening spokes.  But, it looks like it would be easy to use a torque wrench on the R 1250 GS wheels.  The R 1250 GS owners manual says if they don't sound right, take 'em in....  Not very helpful.  Does anyone know if there is a torque specification for these spokes?

Morning Jan

You can't just go around torquing the spokes as you will end up with a mis-aligned wheel. At the very least you need to do the loose ones first. But even then if you don't use great care in determining how tight to make the first pass on the loose ones then you can still have issues. 

• Like 1