IGNORED

How are you lifting the front of the bike?

009jim

hi Folks, I am new to BMW (2012 RT). In my owner's booklet, they show a paddock stand being used to lift the front of the bike. In my Haynes manual they just say to lift it somehow. I was thinking I'd need to lift by putting scissor jack under the front of the engine somewhere, for doing activities like removing the front wheel. Is this going to  be OK? What method  are you using when you want to lift the front of the bike?

szurszewski

Put it on the center stand, tip it back a little (by lifting the front or setting some weight on the pillion seat/rack) and put something under the front of the engine to hold it that way. 

you can use a jack under the front of the engine as well - just be careful not to mar/damage the case. I’d be carful not too lift too high - if you take the weight off the stand and put it on the back wheel, things get really tippy. 

If I will have the front wheel off for long or will be wrenching on the bike, I like to strap the center stand to something in front to keep it from folding. 

• Like 2