IGNORED

Homelink (garage door opener)

Twisties

The old garage door opener didn't seem to work with anything, even it's own remotes.  Then, it just didn't work at all.  Just put a new one in with all the fancy stuff.  Phone app and wifi... the internet of things.  It also works with Homelink, but as best I can tell our bikes don't have this.  Is there anyway to get the bike to pair with the opener, or do I need to carry a remote or use the phone?

2020  and 2021 R 1250 GS's.

Chamberlain B2211T

I also have a smart garage door opener, and use the phone app to control it (iPhone in my case).  To open it, I have two options - 1) Through my helmet comm, tell Siri to open the door, or 2) Set the app to detect when I arrive home and automatically open the door.  Since I set this up over the winter, I've tested it with my car and it works fine both ways.  I will be testing it on the bike this week.  Either way, it allows me to open the garage door without fishing out my phone when I get home.

On 4/9/2023 at 7:58 PM, Geekmaster said:

I also have a smart garage door opener, and use the phone app to control it (iPhone in my case).  To open it, I have two options - 1) Through my helmet comm, tell Siri to open the door, or 2) Set the app to detect when I arrive home and automatically open the door.  Since I set this up over the winter, I've tested it with my car and it works fine both ways.  I will be testing it on the bike this week.  Either way, it allows me to open the garage door without fishing out my phone when I get home.

Don't think our app has those features, but I'll check, thanks

2 hours ago, Twisties said:

Don't think our app has those features, but I'll check, thanks

What phone OS do you use, Apple iOS or Google Android?  If you use Apple, there are often ways to integrate your app with Apple's HomeLink and Siri, using a free system called HomeBridge.  Feel free to post the details, and I'll see what I can do to guide you.

Android and Chamberlains's My Q app.  I don't see any way to operate it by voice or set up geofencing.  But, it's no big deal.  I just have to pull up and get the phone out.  Then it's a few taps.

On 4/13/2023 at 6:41 PM, Twisties said:

Android and Chamberlains's My Q app.  I don't see any way to operate it by voice or set up geofencing.  But, it's no big deal.  I just have to pull up and get the phone out.  Then it's a few taps.

Looks like you're correct.  I'm no expert in Android, but without paying for IFTTT, then it looks like it may not be possible (or easily done).  And even with IFTTT, I think it may not allow opening via voice.  Even with my iPhone, I had to set up a Homebridge server and a slight hack within that to do geofencing or to open it via voice without unlocking the phone.  However, it does work nicely now.

• Like 1