IGNORED

Motorcycle Battery tender for Jeep?

KDeline

I don't drive four wheels very often and now less with life changes. I have both Battery Tender and Battery Minder Smart technology. Will either work to keep a Jeep battery topped off? 

Yes they will work just fine.  Battery tender does not care if it is a car, semi, motorcycle or lawnmower.  If it is a 12v battery and the tender is rated for that type, ie agm or LI, then it will work.

• Like 1

I keep a battery tender on my 2011 Mustang GT with no problems.  Also have one battery tender connected to both my motorcycles simultaneously again with no issues.   I did have a 3rd battery tender that malfunctioned a couple years ago connected to just the BMW and it boiled the battery partially dry before I noticed the issue so new battery time and no problems since.  Didn't hurt the BMW thank heavens.

I use tenders all the time on my cars. My truck sits for months at a time during summer.

My wife does a bunch of short drives most of the time. If it hasn't been out for a half hour drive or more in a while, I top the battery with the tender.

1 hour ago, JamesW said:

I keep a battery tender on my 2011 Mustang GT with no problems.  Also have one battery tender connected to both my motorcycles simultaneously again with no issues.   I did have a 3rd battery tender that malfunctioned a couple years ago connected to just the BMW and it boiled the battery partially dry before I noticed the issue so new battery time and no problems since.  Didn't hurt the BMW thank heavens.

Was that a lead acid battery? Can the same thing happened to the sealed batteries? I assume it would.

49 minutes ago, KDeline said:

Was that a lead acid battery? Can the same thing happened to the sealed batteries? I assume it would.

I have one on the sealed "accessory" battery that lurks in the trunk of our SL550.....(car has two batteries), no issues and stays topped up. These cars have a well known steady drain on the trunk battery.

• Like 1
On 4/7/2023 at 10:16 AM, KDeline said:

Yes, lead acid with service ports.  Won't do any battery any good to overcharge.  The battery tender that malfunctioned simply would never switch from charge to maintenance mode.

I have an Optima Red Top in my '89 Chebby that I put a bike tender on when I go away on trips.  Keeps the battry where it needs to be for starting when I get back.  A Battery Tender Junior is used for this or a CTEK 7002 and I have another brand I can't remember.  I've got several tenders, all get used for various vehicles.  Two riding mowers, tractor, new zero turn, two bikes, and the chebby.  All are interchangeble with the exception of the tender that goes on my RT, since it's got the super finicky Odyssey PC680 battery---only the CTEK gets used on that bike.

If you look at the CTEK MXS 5.0 and some earlier variants, it's for either bikes or cars.  BMW and Porsche actually sell the same CTEK MXS 5.0 under their brand name and double the price.