IGNORED

Good news! BMW Motorrad has reversed it's policy: will sell manuals for it's newer model bikes!

Scott9999

It's all in this report.  FANTASTIC!!  Gonna start looking at trade-up opportunities right away.

(There's also info on plans for manuals for their new electric bike line.)

img_1287-jpg.182083

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Scott9999 said:

It's all in this report.  FANTASTIC!!  Gonna start looking at trade-up opportunities right away.

(There's also info on plans for manuals for their new electric bike line.)

You might want to read the minor restrictions. As long as you are a certified master mechanic & are willing to present that info in person in Munich Germany then they will sell you a a manual (probably for 50 or more times it's actual worth.

Or there is an even bigger chance this is a hoax.  

I mean, aside from the actual text, which outs itself as a spoof, the fact that it tells you that BMW **  REVERSED POLICY ** should have been the biggest hint.  🙄🤣

Can't believe some of you folks were taking this seriously.  😏 

Information on the candidates' positions on this and other important issues can be obtained on the MOA's Election 2023 Discussion Forum.

Right to Repair BoD.jpg

• Like 1

Man-oh-man, there are some really crotchety old men on this forum.  Ya post a joke, actually, kind of a good joke, and they go nuts.  @Beech posted that this meme was in MOA magazine's latest issue, for those ( @Lowndes ) types looking for documentation/link support.  🙄😏

Scott - it is a joke alright, I'm with you on that.  And the article was too, well done and clever.  The real joke is on us, the buyers of bMW motorcycles (and other German cars, too) by trying to make us go to a dealer for most any work we could easily do ourselves, wait weeks on the service, and then pay exorbidant fees for the work.   It's just the plain oldfashoned hysterical money grab.   I can see the smile on your face and hear the chuckels the next time you are presented the bill at the dealer.   You'll be filling out an application for the Crotchety Old Men Club.  Good times!!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Lowndes said:

Scott - it is a joke alright, I'm with you on that.  And the article was too, well done and clever.  The real joke is on us, the buyers of bMW motorcycles (and other German cars, too) by trying to make us go to a dealer for most any work we could easily do ourselves, wait weeks on the service, and then pay exorbidant fees for the work.   It's just the plain oldfashoned hysterical money grab.   I can see the smile on your face and hear the chuckels the next time you are presented the bill at the dealer.   You'll be filling out an application for the Crotchety Old Men Club.  Good times!!

I won't buy another BMW motorcycle until they reverse their policy, or at least, not a newer one.  Still lots of fun looking Wethead GS's to drool over; they'll keep me satisfied for a while.  😏

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

Man-oh-man, there are some really crotchety old men on this forum.  Ya post a joke, actually, kind of a good joke, and they go nuts.  @Beech posted that this meme was in MOA magazine's latest issue, for those ( @Lowndes ) types looking for documentation/link support.  🙄😏

Hey  !!!!!!!!!!!!!    Don't call me old   Dang-Nub-It   :88::3:

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
1 hour ago, MachineJoe said:

Hey  !!!!!!!!!!!!!    Don't call me old   Dang-Nub-It   :88::3:

Hmm, at 67 years old, I'm probably still one of the younger members of this forum, though ...um... I'm kinda growing into it as I get older.  Ya know, that "age is just a number" stuff, while we reach for the pain relievers. 😁  I was in my 50's when I joined, a veritable young kid here, maybe like Tewks and a few others.  Not.Young.Anything.Anymore.   😖  

Shelterwoods

I'll be in Munich, on my way to pick up my Nobel prize in Dissembling; anybody want me to pick up a couple of copies? I think that my Senior National Lands pass and my BS degree should equate well to the requirements BMW has set.

• Haha 3

And you would buy a new BMW??  I would gladly walk or maybe even crawl first.:4323:  I mean my mother didn't raise a complete fool.  Close maybe.  lol..lol..

Seriously, I'm really kicking myself for having sold my last airhead that being a pristine '81 R100RT and I can't find another like it or even close and I don't want one somebody, either owner or shop, has supposedly restored.  Talk about a screw up!  I'll tell you what I would really like is a kit that would make it possible to eject the ECU on an R1100 and operate the bike with Bing carbs and ignition points.  I would pay the bucks for such a thing.  The Bosch ECU is still available for my '93 RSL for wait for it.......$2700!  THAT is ridiculous but then consider the source.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1