IGNORED

Leatherman Tools

RTinNC

I saw this on advrider and thought is was very interesting.   I have owned a Leatherman Wave (version 1) for over 30 years and now carry the updated Leatherman Wave on both bikes along with the optional "bit kit" and the Leatherman is the one tool that I have used the most.  With the bit kit it is so versatile it really is a toolbox in one tool..

I learned a bit more about Leatherman in reading this article  Leatherman Story and also in watching this video.    It is nice to see they are still for the most part made in the USA with USA employees and seem to have a customer focused approach to what they sell.   Now I feel even  better about owning a Leatherman.

Not sure if they still offer the once a week tour but if so and if I am ever close by I would love to tour the place. 

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1
szurszewski
5 hours ago, RTinNC said:

Not sure if they still offer the once a week tour but if so and if I am ever close by I would love to tour the place. 

We used to live a few minutes from the factory. They closed the tour down in 2016 (same time we left Portland - related?) and I haven't seen anything to indicate they've started again, sadly. There is still a good factory store where you can just about everything in production as well as some things that aren't, and have custom laser engraving etc done. 

• Like 1

Gotta have one in the car, truck, each bike, the boat. Every now and then I carry one too. 

Didn't realize I had so many! I've handed a few out to friends and family as well. Minis for the girls' purses, full sizers for friend's saddlebags.

• Like 1

In Iraq, the Hesco barriers come with their version of the multi-tool.  Soooo, when new Hesco's arrive on pallets, the thing to do was to go to the pallet, 'bout the third or fourth from the bottom, reach your arm in the stacks and get the "freebie" kit.  Comes with that multi tool, short steel tape and some other odds and ends.  But, and this is big, the Hesco multi-tool bites your hand,....thus, you kinda give them away and keep your leatherman wave or Gerber (I had both on the belt)

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

Since I'm not a Bradley Master anything but am self respecting ... would not be without a Leatherman. :3:

This topic is almost like an oil thread when I was in the Army!

Yes it is!   Just funning though.

Which tool is best?  Which Oil is best?  Which tires are best?   Which seat is best?  and on and on. 

You buy what you like and what works for you. 

• Plus 1 1
szurszewski
9 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

You buy what you like and what works for you. 

Funny thing is, I'm sure I have at least six full size multitools, and I've never bought a single one*, or at least not intentionally - they just sort of show up and I distribute them to the various vehicles/tool kits. 

*I did buy, direct from the factory store, a couple of the mini key chain size tools to commemorate the first anniversary of a business I started with some friends. I don't know about theirs, but mine still looks good as new, including the laser etching. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Gerber is the bomb!  No self respecting Bradley Master Gunner would be without one.

I likes my Gerber a wee bit better 'cause it's a "flick" and the pliers are open.  No folding necessary......but in Iraq, I had both on the belt........along with my Benchmade.

• Like 2

I like the "flick" feature on the Gerber as well. Every time somebody sees it, especially if they've used a Leatherman, they're quite curious about it. And the razor sharp knives.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

Apparently the new Leatherman is one hand function for all the tools.  That’s pretty amazing .

Took them long enough,.....copy cats.:grin:

• Smile 1
Brodiepunker18

I have one leatherman that I use for everything, whether it’s in the house, garage, van or bike. I carry it on the bike but I’ll grab it if I need more than one type of tool for something…used it a couple weeks ago to modify some siding on the house when I installed a window. 😂 

• 1 month later...

Looks like the one I've got. It's not edc, but is in the saddlebag of the bike.

Those jaws have some serious grip.