IGNORED

Cardo launches new subscription-based Packtalk Custom

MotoNews

I hope they do not activate that, retroactively,  for older devices.  I am satisfied with the function capabilities of my Black.  Periodic software updates make me a little apprehensive in the future.  :5146:

If they don't get you when you buy it, they will get you later. Technology, right?  :ohboy:

• Like 1
RandyShields
24 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

I hope they do not activate that, retroactively, for older devices.

That would result in a major class action suit that they would be on the losing end of.  Particularly, it they implemented it surreptitiously via an online update.

• Thanks 1

I saw this announcement in my email directly from Cardo.  I was disappointed that Cardo has decided that they are a software company rather than a hardware company.  I am confident that my existing Cardo devices will continue to work as purchased.  But I won’t be buying any more Cardo devices if they persist in this subscription silliness.  And that is a shame, because their technology is superior to Sena, and my riding buddies and I have all switched to Cardo.  But the service life of these devices is about the same as a helmet, so when the time comes to refresh, my buddies and I will choose the best available mesh intercom system that is not subscription based.

• Like 1

My understanding from reading about this on the Cardo website is that only the Custom model is subscription-based. If Cardo continues to produce and sell other models that are fully and permanently functional, I might choose to buy those. I would not buy a subscription-based headset.