IGNORED

Recent Destinations Name Change

ADulay

Figured this might be the best spot to ask this question as it pertains to the BMW Motorrad Connected app being used by all the new bikes.

I am trying to figure out how to change the name of a destination in the app.  Some of the places I’ve had to map out don’t actually have a valid “name” so to speak so the app gives me a generic type of name.   What I need to do is rename that spot to something that will make sense in six months when I try to find it again.

if you go into the app, click on the three dots on the lower right, hit destinations and routes and then history, you’ll come up with where you’ve been.

How can I change or modify the name of those?   No doubt there is some small icon I’ve missed somewhere. 😵💫

AD

• 2 months later...
professorb

It is in fact a small icon, and fairly well-hidden within the Motorrad Connected app.

Tap the three dots in the lower-right corner of the app

Select Destinations and Routes

Select the Favorites list

Notice there are two short vertical bars to the left and to the right of each Favorites entry.

Touching the right bars and swiping to left allows you to discard ("trash") the entry.

Touching the left-side bars and swiping toward the right calls up an Edit icon ("pencil")

Tap the "Edit" icon -- you will now be in an "Edit Favorite" screen

Tap on the Description name (if there is one) and proceed to edit the name. If there is no existing Description you may make one now.

Tap the "Save" button when done and your favorite will have its new name.

If you tap-and-hold on a Favorite entry you can slide its position up and down in the list. This order will be what you see on your bike's TFT (or other) display when looking at your Favorites list.

It is far easier to edit the name of a Recorded route. (Those routes are named with a date and time stamp by default.)

Locate the route to be renamed from the "Mountains + Roads" icon on the bottom edge of the app screen -- you can choose from Recorded or Imported routes

Tap on the "Right Arrow" icon to the right of the displayed route name -- a route details screen comes up

In the upper right-most corner of this screen there is a Three Dots icon -- tap the three dots

A list of options appears, one of which is "Rename" with the obligatory pencil icon

Tap "Rename", and the blinking cursor appears at the end of the Date-Time default name at the top of the screen.

You know what to do!

This works for Imported Routes as well. Same basic protocol.

Hope this helps!

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey!  Thanks.

Got those old, obscure address destinations renamed properly.

Couldn't remember that 12345 Sideways Circle was really Bunny's House of Blue Lights. :19:

All better now.

Thanks.

AD

• Haha 1