IGNORED

ECU Updates?

Audi403

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if there is somewhere to check what is the latest ECU firmware available? I have a 2019 R1250RT. I do have a GS911, so I'm assuming I can get some sort of a version or revision number using that. Does BMW list the available versions somewhere? 

My ECU was last updated on August of 2021. That is when the dealer flashed it. Would there be anything new since then?

I don't bring my bike to the dealership and I'm assuming they won't tell me if there is an update available without me booking the bike in with them.

19 hours ago, Audi403 said:

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if there is somewhere to check what is the latest ECU firmware available? I have a 2019 R1250RT. I do have a GS911, so I'm assuming I can get some sort of a version or revision number using that. Does BMW list the available versions somewhere? 

My ECU was last updated on August of 2021. That is when the dealer flashed it. Would there be anything new since then?

I don't bring my bike to the dealership and I'm assuming they won't tell me if there is an update available without me booking the bike in with them.

Morning  Audi403

I'm not sure there is anywhere to check for that other than a BMW dealer. Even the dealer probably can't tell you unless a tec has just done a very similar motorcycle with a close build date & remembers the version it was updated to. 

Once your motorcycle is hooked up to the BMW dealer's computer it usually automatically checks for an update if one is required. 

Unless you have a specific problem to address then you are probably better off to stay with your current version anyhow.   

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Motorhead1977

I have a 2020 RS and this software version. I'm not experiencing any issues but am wondering if I need/should get any software updates if they're available.

IMG_20230419_072223393.jpg

Every series of bike, whether it's a RT/RS/R/GS/GSA whatever... gets a different Software update number, so you can't look at the SW Version from one and apply it to the other...too many specifics that differentiate models.

So you have to get the dealer to check your specific bike (by VIN) to see if you have any outstanding updates.