IGNORED

BMW's FIX for the XM Antenna Issues - 2023 RT

Motor32

My bike has been at the dealer for the last 17 days (600 miles service and XM/AM antenna issues). The dealer just sent me this photo of the "FIX" for the XM that BMW has them installing. It looks like a Sirrus branded XM antenna, on the right. They're rerouting the wire because it's shorter than the stock one.

Waiting to hear more about the AM issue from them.

Nothing was happening after complaining and talking/emailing BMW-USA countless times until, I sent my videos of the problems to BMW-HQ in Berlin, the next day BMW-USA agreed to take care of it.

Steve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1S-LN-HogY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trnRnMsUIZ0

image.png

• Thanks 1

So far, so good with the new Sirrus XM antenna. No loss of signal for my 30 minute ride, before it was every few minutes. I forgot to check the AM, so that'll be on the next ride.

Steve

This is the one they put on my bike, so far no-more (No Signal) showing up on the TFT. I haven't had any issues with it at all. The picture is the mushroom on its side and the BMW replacement.

Here's the replacement parts numbers from the dealer paperwork (why there's two, I'm not sure)???

Antenna for SDARS :

Steve

3 hours ago, Motor32 said:

This is the one they put on my bike, so far no-more (No Signal) showing up on the TFT. I haven't had any issues with it at all. The picture is the mushroom on its side and the BMW replacement.

Here's the replacement parts numbers from the dealer paperwork (why there's two, I'm not sure)???

Antenna for SDARS :

Steve

Steve, 65211686626 is the original antenna that is new for the 21+ RT, 65218521436 is the previous one that works much better. Any update on how the AM antenna is working? I wonder if they kept the same location as the original antenna or if they installed it in the same location as on the Wetheads?

5 hours ago, strataj said:

Steve, 65211686626 is the original antenna that is new for the 21+ RT, 65218521436 is the previous one that works much better. Any update on how the AM antenna is working? I wonder if they kept the same location as the original antenna or if they installed it in the same location as on the Wetheads?

Thank for clarifying that. They said the AM is working correctly, and the reason they gave was because my Skeene brake lights were interfering with the signal (BS). After three weeks at the dealer, I was beyond fed up and just wanted my bike back.

Steve