IGNORED

Single wheel trailers

bulletbill

I have a '16 RT, and when I FINALLY got in touch with UniGo, discovered there is no adaptation for my bike and their trailers.  By the way, the only way I got their communication was through Facebook.

Would there not be other hitch manufacturers whose hitches might fit your bike? If so, you’d only need the locking component from Unigo to put on the hitch to mate with the Unigo trailer.

I have a Unigo trailer hitch on one bike and another brand on the other. I pull a Canadian made Amoric one wheel trailer and simply added the correct Amoric part on each hitch. Both bikes pull the trailer flawlessly.

The trailer John linked for sale appears to be listed by Bombars Beemers - they have/Peter has a pretty good rep, so if one were interested in hooking up that trailer to a particular BMW, he would likely be a very good resource. Seems like if one had the Unigo "plate" part of the coupling (that stay on the bike) or was willing to have one made, you could make it work with about any hitch. If I recall correctly, it basically needs a flat/vertical plate to attach to. 

Bustec lists hitches for the hex head RTs right up through the 1250s - though it says sold out for the pre waterboxwr bikes. They don’t look like they’d be out of the box compatible with a unigo connector, but…

21 hours ago, bulletbill said:

Did you find a hitch for the "16RT?

I gave up.  I really wanted the Unigo hitch connection.  They did tell me to check Buchtech, though.

On 2/27/2023 at 8:12 PM, szurszewski said:

unigo connector

That was what really attracted me to UniGo in the first place!  That swivel hitch is slick!

• Like 1

The Bushtec hitch might be the best as it rotates 360 degrees.  A buddy with one pulled into a plaza with his two wheel trailer and hit the curb on the way to the parking lot. He and his wife felt bit of a jerk but thought nothing of it. Their friend riding behind them told them that after one wheel hit the curb, the trailed became air bound and did a full rotation in the air. The couple did not believe him until upon inspection the trailer had a bit of damage.

My setup is not a ball but rather a piece that slides into a U shape piece on the hitch that allows for up and down movement but is ridged horizontally to allow for sideways tracking with the bike.  The downside is it’s difficult for one person to hitch when fully loaded. The Unigo and Third Trailer hitches are much easier to hitch when packed.