IGNORED

SECFF March Lunch Meeting on 3/11/2023 @ 11:30 AM

Terry @terryofperry and I @Bernie would like to invite you all to join us for the final SECFF Lunch of the season in Dublin, GA on March 11, 2023 at 11:30 AM.

We will be trying out a new, to us, restaurant across the street from our favorite place, Deano's Italian Grill (under construction this year).

The manager asked me for a head count, if possible.

Please reply to this post, if you think you can make it or if you change your mind. And of course, invite you enjoy riding or eating with.

Company Supply

107 W Jackson St,

Dublin, GA 31021

Company Supply

PS: As for our long distance travelers, Dublin, GA has numerous motels & B&B places, including a historic downtown to stay overnight and explore. Make it a 2 day affair.

Edited by Bernie
Typos
  • Like 1

Sorry, will not be making this one (nor will Dennis Barlow). Already had a ride planned with Dennis and @Folkdancer48to see the Barber Motorcycle Museum. It's been on my bucket list for at least 15 years.

See everyone at START.

• Like 1

Well, how about stopping by for lunch on the way?  We will save you a spot or two.    Bike riders gotta eat, if you know what I mean, and I think you do!        :eat:

:4322:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bill Murray said:

Sorry, will not be making this one (nor will Dennis Barlow). Already had a ride planned with Dennis and @Folkdancer48to see the Barber Motorcycle Museum. It's been on my bucket list for at least 15 years.

See everyone at START.

Cool place enjoy!

• Like 1

Just an FYI for those that might not know, Dublin Ga. pretty much celebrates St. Pats day the whole month of March! The main parade/event I think is on the 18th, however on Friday 3/10 is the hot-air balloon fest. And on Saturday 3/11 is a kite-flying jamboree..!  You can see the complete list and details here: https://www.visitdublinga.org/happenings/category/st-patricks-day/

Should not have any impact on our RTE, but something to do if you want to go early or stay a little later.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Bill Murray said:

See everyone at START.

Hey Bill,

You'll have a great time at the museum.  Say hi to Dick (Folkdancer48) for me.  

Ron

• Like 1

If you can't make it on the 11th, the 18th BMW Columbus, GA is having an open house/customer appreciation day and the BMW Demo truck is supposed to be there. Probably a good idea to leave your wallet or SO at the house. :18:

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, BamaJohn said:

GWATCDR...is that phrase used anywhere other than the South?  Don't think I've heard from other regions.....

I kinda doubt it but I'm no authority and don't speak yankee.

You commin' to Dublin, John??  Easy ride for you.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Lowndes said:

I kinda doubt it but I'm no authority and don't speak yankee.

You commin' to Dublin, John??  Easy ride for you.

Hope to make it work...I've been missing out!

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Lowndes said:

don't speak yankee.

What is this yankee you speak of?  Reb.  :3:
I always get a chuckle on how people below it, can't tell you what or where the Mason Dixon line is.

• Like 1
terryofperry
1 hour ago, taylor1 said:

What is this yankee you speak of?  Reb.  :3:
I always get a chuckle on how people below it, can't tell you what or where the Mason Dixon line is.

Pretty simple. It's wherever we want it to be for the situation at that moment. :18:

Terry

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1

@terryofperry I know it is early, but so far a little chilly starting out.  On the bright side, there is a 59% chance of sunshine forecast for Saturday.  :yes:

598749374_Screenshot2023-03-04070512.thumb.jpg.8ee58e3d91a835a3b880d516c0842bd3.jpg

• Like 3

Whether forecast keeps changing here in Tallahassee for the Dublin lunch ride.  At first it was going to rain Friday and then get cold on Saturday(40s).  Then the forecast said it was going to rain Friday and Saturday and be nice Sunday.  Yesterday the forecast stated that it was going to rain Friday, good day Saturday, rain Sunday.  I just looked again and it is predicted to rain Friday and be a good day Saturday and Sunday with very reasonable riding temperatures.  :90:     Unless it is pouring rain, I will see you guys at 11:30.   

• Like 2

Ron, you need to take a look at the percentages.   That will help you tell how much sunshine will be forecast.   As the saying goes:  look on the bright side!!

:grin:

• Like 1

OH, yeah.  I almost forgot - I have some stories to tell.    :thumbsup:

Come one, come all!!

• Haha 2
Bill Murray

Hey @Bernie.  An update to your headcount. Dennis Barlow and I will be joining the group on Saturday. We postponed our Barber Museum trip until next week. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Bill Murray said:

Hey @Bernie.  An update to your headcount. Dennis Barlow and I will be joining the group on Saturday. We postponed our Barber Museum trip until next week. 

Great move, the more the merrier! :18:

Joel and I will be riding with the rest of the ATL contingent on Saturday. Hopefully we won't lose Lowndes this time. :grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Chris K said:

Joel and I will be riding with the rest of the ATL contingent on Saturday. Hopefully we won't lose Lowndes this time. :grin:

Great! I added you and Joel to the list. I also hope you don't lose Lowndes.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, MikeB60 said:

I'm out, headed to Fort Bragg first thing tomorrow morning. Yall have a good ride and enjoy lunch!

Bummer! See you at START 2023!

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 2

Great weather, great riding (even when the routes stopped recalculating,) great company, and good food.   The serve staff did a great job to makes us return for another visit.   Good find Bernie.

• Like 6

Great turnout today and perfect riding weather. I also believe the restaurant was a success. 

I think it can be included in the annual rotation for future SECFF events.

4C689710-F3CE-42B4-8E82-E641CCCC5E2E.thumb.jpeg.3731cc5758991490a63655cb1f55f674.jpeg1F1E1376-DD5A-4A25-912C-FA03CD7E2BED.thumb.jpeg.6aa41da0df93cb7c0a80bbc4fb65e99e.jpegB0CD7E77-80DB-46CF-90CF-8B372FC76200.thumb.jpeg.7e23fdfcd4dcb659c4ebab7b8d1facda.jpegB31047EC-58E0-403E-AF02-9CFFD49579DF.thumb.jpeg.52ef65b2cfe49639642217499d535255.jpeg

• Like 8

Another successful winter riding season in the books.  Thanks guys for putting these rides together each year.  I look forward to each month's ride and getting together with folks.  On the ride home from Dublin, I was minding my own business, lost in my thoughts and music, paying attention to traffic as I was making a turn in Abbeville , Ga. when I thought a heard a "beep beep," but paid no attention to it (subconsciously I thought, "that sounded like a BMW motorcycle beep beep").  Next thing I know I have this land yacht pull up next to me and the driver yells, "follow me.  I know some nice back roads around here."  I recognized the bike and the person right away, Calvin (no socks), and fell in behind his wake.  For the next 15 minutes we road some back roads until he had to turn east towards Lake City and I had to turn west towards Tallahassee. Thanks Calvin.  That was fun.  Now that the final winter ride is over, onto START.  Oh, and thank you for finally telling your stories William.  They were worth the two month wait.  Missed ya Terry....  See you guys in Ellijay. 

• Like 10