IGNORED

Third Wheel Trailer

TheMick

I have a Bushtec trailer hitch on my BMW R1200RT, the Third Wheel Trailer attaches to ti. Looking for recommendations on how to keep the trailer upright when it is disconnected. Somewhere online, I saw one with "legs" forward of the wheel holding it upright.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a single wheel trailer (my own design), when not attached to the RT it rests on the frame (2 points) at the front, they are about 8" apart. It works pretty well on level ground, but it doesn't take a lot to knock it over.

Here are a couple of photos of Third Wheel trailers with a bracket attachment that might give help you out. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/SGirXYonfzashFFf9

https://images.app.goo.gl/eyitM9gHM6Tq7DYn6

Regards,

Rick

szurszewski

attach a pair of kick stands, one on each side, somewhere along the tongue?

Or if your trailer is light enough, look into cargo bike (like, pedal bike) double kickstands - they are like center stands for bicycle applications. We had them on a couple of cargo bikes and my wife's commuter has a very light weight version as well. 

Google "bicycle double kick stand" or "cargo bike kick stand" and you'll see lots of options from tens to hundreds of dollars. Should be something you could make work. 

My Amoric one wheel trailer came equipped with a centre stand. There are two metal bars that run parallel along the bottom of the trailer. The C.S. is attached near the front of the trailer to these bars. My trailer is currently in storage for the winter in the basement, but the image below might give you an idea as how to attach  a centre stand to your one wheel trailer.

Cheers!

Paul

Amoric centre Stand.jpg

• Like 1