IGNORED

MPG?

Grayrider

What is the average MPG that you get on your RT? I tried the search feature and didn't find much. Thanks.

On my 1150 I get in low to mid 40's in winter. It has jumped to mid to upper 40's this spring. A friend with an 1100 got in the upper 40's to low 50's on a recent ride to Alabama.

I'm getting 52 miles per imperial gallon which is about mid 40's for a US gallon. Thats on winding hilly roads not a freeway. Beats my truck at 20 and way more fun.

This is going to vary radically based on driving style, much more so than any difference based on bike model. I get about 40 or so on an 1100RT at 80-90mph. I would probably get much better mileage 65-70mph but I have never performed such a test.

ShovelStrokeEd
This is going to vary radically based on driving style, much more so than any difference based on bike model. I get about 40 or so on an 1100RT at 80-90mph. I would probably get much better mileage 65-70mph but I have never performed such a test.

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

+1

AdventurePoser

Around 42-44 around town. At higher elevations, 48-52 is common. This is on my 02 R1150RT with 84K miles.

Steve in So Cal

I frequently get 35 to 40 mpg (U.S.), and it frustrates me. If I'm strictly on the freeway, from fill up to fill up, then I may get 45 mpg. :-\

I can roll out in excess of 500km (310 miles)on a tank of premium (Optimax) fuel. I have done this both solo and two-up riding at a constant 100-110 km/hr (60-65mph).

Riding to work, I can expect 320-350km (200-220 miles) to a tank.

I've not calculated the fuel usage with a mpg figure but it should give you some idea.

Lows of 32 mpg (all short runs around town and my whopping 4 mile commute) to a high of 48 (actually keeping my speed and windshield both down).

Here in Kalifornia, we pay a premium for lousy gas...Many riders in the Fresno club report mpg's rising significantly after they filled up in Nevada...

WyreNut

i get an average 38mpg. Seems that everyone in california gets worse mileage due to the gas. Of course, the driving i do is a slow cruising driving to full throttle, so i don't think 38mpg is that terrible.

mountainred

I get 42mpg on average. I put a additive (techron) in every few months (approx 30 tank fills) because of the eviro-wienie gas here. which does more harm to the water table than good for the air.

Jerry_75_Guy

Wow. Based on some of the responses, I feel bad; I average 33 to 37 mpg.

I must have done a poor job with my services (mostly 80 mph one up hwy miles) confused.gif

Doppelganger

'99 1100 RT-P*: 38-39 around town. On the Highway, I have had up to 49.

42,000 miles and needs tune-up.

Typically 52 (Imperial) mpg. Have on occasion reached 55, but not sure what I did that was any better. Most of my mileage is at motorway speeds (75 - 85 mph), approximately 120 miles per day. One tank will get me 220 - 230 miles before the warning light comes on.

Commuting (only 10 mi each way)-low to mid 40s.

Highway/long rides-mid to high 40s.

I can always tell when it is due for a tune up-as the mileage starts dropping to the low 40s all the time.

Lynn

mikeR1100R

Not sure what is added to gas in CA, but as of last Oct or Nov, the gas in CT has 10% ethanol added. Coincidentally, I noticed a reduction in mpg on my 1100R from 50-52 to 46-48. It may be due to the bike (almost time for 6K tuneup)or me (I don't think I gained that much weight). Has anyone else noticed a reduction in mileage with the use of gas with ethanol?

Mike

I get consitently 40-42 commuting around town and on the freeways. My revs are typically 4k+ so I am very happy with that figure. One the way out to the UN I am expecting about 55mpg due to the altitude and stead speed clap.gif

Doug

For 8044 miles of records since new on an 04 1150RT - 44.55 mpg. Bike is in low 40's during winter with shorter trips around town. Usually 45-48 mpg on interstate running indicated 75-80 mph. Best mileage was average of 50.5 mpg over 800 miles of Skyline Dr, Blue Ridge thru Deal's Gap (mostly going indicated 10-15 over speed limits of 35 and 45 mph). All riding done solo (155 lbs), with side cases on, putting on a Cee Bailey's +3.5 #2 Euro at 4500 miles made no difference I can see on spreadsheet. Miles per gallon also does not really seem to be changing with more miles on motorcycle.

Wow. Based on some of the responses, I feel bad; I average 33 to 37 mpg.

I must have done a poor job with my services (mostly 80 mph one up hwy miles) confused.gif

Use your trip computer on your car to watch your fuel consumption rise as you get over 90km/hr (55mph). At 130-140km/hr (85mph), it guzzles big time. bncry.gif

Rottweiler

I get 40-44 on my daily commute at an actual 70-75mph (75-80 on speedo). I run with the CCP removed which gives me better and smoother performance at the cost of about 4MPG, well worth it to me. thumbsup.gif

After 32K miles, my 20 tank avg. is 43. That is using California fuel. When out of state, my mpg will jump to 46, give or take.

Yes, riding "style" varies this allot.

MichiganBob

About 40 no matter what. I expect that a lose a few because I need to lose a few and the 4" over extra large Cee Bailey and the extra large saddle bags do not help. However, the lack of wind noise and room for a case of beer and box of stoogies makes it all well worth it.

Ride safe.

Bob

Gas mileage is inversely proportional to the fun factor. From that perspective, my "best" tank in recent months was a stretch from Yuma to Casa Grande (AZ)at the end of March when I got a whopping 33.3 mpg (on good, non CA gasoline). The previous tank was even better on the smile scale. That one was from Lake Elsinore to Yuma on Hwy 74, 79, S2 and 98. I got 35.6 on that tank (CA gas).

At the other end of the scale, my last tank consisted mostly of a sedate ride to and from the First Responder's class put on by Jamie Edmonds and organized by the Ride for the Heart Foundation. That yellow light just would not come on. It finally did and I gassed up with a pitiful 42.8 mpg (CA gas).

If it's high gas mileage you lust after, then buy a Civic Hybrid, but when you are on your beloved two wheel vehicle, drop it a gear and ride it like you stole it.

/Rant Off

blush.gif)

Regards,

Bill Allen

I have records for 98,500 miles on my '02 1150RT - 41.06 mpg average, min 30.12, max 55.98

Now that is some serious record keeping! grin.gif

The question is, of course, did you round up or down to get 55.98 wave.gif

Oh yea, I get around 40-42 around Houston (sea level and hot and humid). I got 45-50 in the mountains of Colorado (with lower octane gas).

Now that is some serious record keeping! grin.gif

The question is, of course, did you round up or down to get 55.98 wave.gif

55.98174 grin.gif

It's all published here, click on the 1150RT tab at the bottom...

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that is some serious record keeping!

The question is, of course, did you round up or down to get 55.98

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's all published here, click on the 1150RT tab at the bottom...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm assuming, of course, you have all this stuff graphed grin.gif

I'm a runner and log every mile, every pace, every workout, and every training program. It's good to know that somebody else out there has the same, er, ah, issues with data. clap.gif

Yeeha! Stephen

Winter = 48+

Summer = 42/43

DFW has oxygenated (crap) gas in the Summer.

Got a high of 59 a couple of times, but it's not consistant like my heavy throttle hand is... grin.gif

Archived