IGNORED

GS1250

Eagle Rock Rider

Eagle Rock Rider

I am VERY close to buying my first GS1250 and caught my wife at a weak moment and she said OK!! 🛵🛵

we currently have a beautiful K1600 Grand America and she is quite comfortable on it. I have NO issues with the Grand America but the GS is lighter and more versatile. In addition, my wife is not always with me when I ride. 
Her question is: “Will I be comfortable when we take trips?” 
I welcome input from you guys!! And Gals!

Thanks so much!!

• Like 1

Suggest you rent one for a weekend and take your bride for a long test ride.  Regardless of what anyone says, only your wife can answer that question for you.

For example, she may be comfortable, but only for 100 - 200 miles.

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 1

I've got a K1600GT and a GS. Wife has a Spyder but still enjoys riding onto the back of a real motorcycle.  She loves the K1600GT not so much the GS.

12 hours ago, Eagle Rock Rider said:

I am VERY close to buying my first GS1250 and caught my wife at a weak moment and she said OK!! 🛵🛵

we currently have a beautiful K1600 Grand America and she is quite comfortable on it. I have NO issues with the Grand America but the GS is lighter and more versatile. In addition, my wife is not always with me when I ride. 
Her question is: “Will I be comfortable when we take trips?” 
I welcome input from you guys!! And Gals!

Thanks so much!!

Morning GS1250

Maybe, in my riding groups it seems to somewhat depend on the ages of the pillion & how far the trip. Or put another way, not many in the riding groups that I ride with ride a GS or GS-A  2-up with luggage for more than a local breakfast ride or out to local dinner. 

My wife hates my GS for more that a quick local trip (I have an older 1200 GS-A). She doesn't like climbing up on it, she hates the wind management from the pillion seat, & says it isn't nearly as comfortable as my 1200 RT. Maybe when she was in her 20's or early 30's she would have put up with it but she is considerably older now so usually says go by yourself, or I will go if we take the RT or  other comfortable bike.

Visit your local BMW dealer as they will probably be more than happy to put & your wife on a demo GS for a test ride & evaluation.  If they have one coming up on miles/time to sell then you might even get to do a very long ride with it. If it is too cold to ride where you are now then at least go sit on one with your wife just to see if she can get past that part. 

First off I hear really smart people have a GS/GSA and a good street bike. :thumbsup:

My wife actually likes the GSA best over the Harley and the RT. Plus a spare bike comes in handy for many reasons. 

• Like 2
John Ranalletta

Bought a used R1200RT to test compare against the '15 GS with Daylong pillion saddle.  Taking RT to START for it's first trial run.

May keep both as I have a friend who's wife made him sell his bike.  May land on one to keep.  If it's the RT, likely will sell both current bikes to buy later model RT.   

Did 150 mile trip this week and pillion's only complaint was the frame section just aft of the the pillion seat was a problem and needs cushioning.  Likely solved with aftermarket seat.

IMG_9661.JPG  

• Like 2