IGNORED

Boots need help finding the right ones

Rider1260

Short story is I have been wearing the same boots ( several pairs ) for decades ( Fieldsheer Mission Boots ) 

Nice snug fit , over the calf  , small toe box by this I mean the size of the toe area on the outside of the boot is small. 

All the new boots I have tried ( Sidi , Alpinestar etc ) are MUCH bulkier all around they hold my feet further away from the bike and make 

shifting harder as the toe is much bigger so much so for me I end up having a hard time getting under the shifter or if I raise the shifter 

I have to lift my foot to down shift. 

So I am wondering if it's just me or is this an issue for others. 

I have tried riding shoes but the seem to bind at the ankle ( just don't like laces I guess ) 

The Alpinestars SMX Plus V2 looks promising but expensive 

The Sidi Performer Air looks possible also 

I am also on the lookout for more used versions of the boots I love but I believe that ship has long ago sailed 

Wondering what you all use these days 

Thanks !!!! 

Boot  1.jpg

I ordered about 6 pair I thought might work for me from Amazon, tried them all on in the house, kept the pari that worked for me and returned the others. Some of them, IIRC, were part of the "Try Before You Buy" programs you pay for only the things you keep. Personally, I like a side zipper. It's just easier to get in and out of than full lace up. 

Miguel

• Like 1

Check these out https://www.rebelsmarket.com/products/ankle-cut-lace-up-leather-motorcycle-boots-284935?ref=seo_content&tuid=2f9f2a7dc41f4616d. they are from a Mexican custom foot wear manufacturer named Umberto Luce.  I saw a write up in Rider magazine and bought a pair and they are outstanding.  The tread is of a material that just won't slip.  The Rider EIC did the evaluation and also owns a pair himself.  Hard to see in the picture but they do have a zipper.  Best mc foot wear I've ever owned and very well made.  Order direct here for less:   https://www.umbertoluce.com 

• Plus 1 1

I have been a big fan of BMW boots.  My first all leather touring boots lasted 10 years.  I am on year 5 of a pair of AllAround boots -- textile top, leather bottom and Gore-Tex.  They are relatively inexpensive, and comfortable to walk in and wear right out of the box.  They are on closeout now at Revzilla, so they must be discontinuing them and moving to the similar looking CruiseComfort boot.  Good luck with your search.

• Plus 1 1

I also bought a pair of Umberto Luce boots. They actually called them riding tennis shoes but are more like boots. They are extremely comfy. They have different styles on sale each month. I had a little stitching come loose after about a year. Kinda my fault. Anyway, I contacted them, and figured I would send them in for repair. But no !  They are sending me a new pair free of charge. Outstanding customer service. Well worth a look.

• Like 1
On 2/15/2023 at 1:48 PM, Miguel! said:

I ordered about 6 pair I thought might work for me from Amazon, tried them all on in the house, kept the pari that worked for me and returned the others. Some of them, IIRC, were part of the "Try Before You Buy" programs you pay for only the things you keep. Personally, I like a side zipper. It's just easier to get in and out of than full lace up. 

Miguel

You can do the same with Cycle Gear/Revzilla, if you have one nearby.

Caution -  have CG order the boots and have them sent to the store.  Try them on there and let CG return all or some.  It goes much better if CG does the return. AMHIK.

I will also say that my Umberto Luce boots conformed to my feet very quickly and I honestly think they are the best footwear I've ever owned including dress shoes and the craftsmanship is absolutely superb.  When they put me in the ground I hope to be wearing my boots. lol..lol..

On 2/14/2023 at 2:17 PM, Rider1260 said:

Short story is I have been wearing the same boots ( several pairs ) for decades ( Fieldsheer Mission Boots ) 

Nice snug fit , over the calf  , small toe box by this I mean the size of the toe area on the outside of the boot is small. 

All the new boots I have tried ( Sidi , Alpinestar etc ) are MUCH bulkier all around they hold my feet further away from the bike and make 

shifting harder as the toe is much bigger so much so for me I end up having a hard time getting under the shifter or if I raise the shifter 

I have to lift my foot to down shift. 

So I am wondering if it's just me or is this an issue for others. 

I have tried riding shoes but the seem to bind at the ankle ( just don't like laces I guess ) 

The Alpinestars SMX Plus V2 looks promising but expensive 

The Sidi Performer Air looks possible also 

I am also on the lookout for more used versions of the boots I love but I believe that ship has long ago sailed 

Wondering what you all use these days 

Thanks !!!! 

Boot  1.jpg

SIDI OnRoads

Thank me later -

Mine re-soled once and had since 2000.

• 3 weeks later...